Chapter 14: Is it really over?

Alex's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

The rhythmic annoying beeping sound was the first thing I heard as I slowly regained consciousness. My chest ached and I looked down to see gauze and tape covering the area over my ribs and chest cavity.

"Hello?" I asked my voice hoarse as I looked around at my small white hospital room.

"Dr. Kraev! I see you are finally awake! How are you feeling?" A nice older nurse said coming into my room with a bag of fluids.

"My chest, shoulder and hands hurt like hell." I said my voice slowly getting stronger.

"Yes that is to be expected. Your gun wound was operated on. You have second degree burns on your hands and you had open heart surgery to repair a valve."

"Oh." Was all I could say at first. "H...how long was I asleep for?" I asked.

"This is the second day. You woke up right on schedule!" The nurse said slightly too cherry for my liking.

"W...How are my friends? How's Addison Montgomery?" I asked frantically looking at her hoping the fiery redhead I liked was okay.

"Well Dr. Montgomery has not woken up yet. She did however have a very successful surgery on her leg!" I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding and motioned for her to continue.
"Dr. Torres had simply inhaled too much smoke and she seems to be recovering well. Dr. Robbins is receiving treatment for her burns that cover approximately 50% of her body." I winced as I heard about Arizonas burns but the nurse didn't seem to notice.
"Dr. Solon had some second degree burns on his lower legs and a mild concussion. Dr. Yang had a head lac, but it was easily stitched up. She cracked her wrist and was diagnosed with PTSD." I nodded unhappily remembering the two times I had seen Christina have an episode.
"Dr. Hunt cracked three ribs but they seem to be healing nicely. Dr. Shepard had another head lac and a badly broken wrist."

I nodded and sighed as the nurse started to leave the room, then I remembered something.
"You forgot to tell me how Lexie and Meredith are doing." I said starting to get worried when the nurses face fell.

"Dr. Grey I mean the younger one, suffered from third degree burns all over her back. She is still unconscious and not showing signs of waking up soon." I gave her a confused look.

"But, how did she get third degree on her back?" I asked hoping nothing had fallen onto her. Horrible images started to fly across my mind and I shuttered.

"She was found laying over top of Dr. Solon, we think she shielded his body with hers to protect him." I looked at her in shock.

"And Dr. Grey, the older one is..." she was cut off by a code blue calling on the speaker system.

"Code blue room 238 Dr. Meredith Grey. Code Blue."

Please don't be mad at me for leaving at another cliff hanger!☺️ I hope you guys like and please comment!! I would also like to take a minute to thank a few people in particular who have really supported me through this book MarleeGrey , meredithpayton , SuperGreyPotato and DRfuzzydisaster17 Thanks so much guys for commenting and voting it really means a lot!!!💜💜💜