Chapter 4

A/N:

A little Marichat for you linked above/to the side! This chapter has no marichat in it but I'm such a sucker for this ship😂

Anyway...Enjoy

---

Marinette

As soon as I told Cat Noir about Adrien, I instantly regretted it. But at the same time, I kind of didn't. Tonight, I saw a new side to Cat Noir. I saw a side of him that I've never seen before - he was serious. Don't get me wrong, I've seen him serious before, but tonight, he was serious in a...sincere kind of way.

I'm almost ashamed to say that this sincere side gave me butterflies.

I know I like Adrien, but the comforting words Cat Noir spoke to me tonight made me feel like we were soulmates and we'd known each other forever. It just felt so easy to talk to him; to spill my inner emotions; to pour my heart out.
When I was describing everything I love about Adrien, I expected him to be jealous, and I was actually preparing an apology speech in my head.

But the jealousy never came.

Instead, all I saw on his face was euphoria and concern for my emotional state. He acted so selfless. So admirable and caring.

He acted like Adrien.

Of course, I'm fully aware that the two are completely separate, but their similarly charming ways seem to be making me lose my sanity. I mean, it's difficult enough to have a crush on one boy that you see everyday at school, let alone two with another that you fight crime with regularly. It's going to be exhausting dealing with these kind of emotions, I can already tell.

"Marinette, you should go sleep now. You have school tomorrow and you've been late more times than I can count. It's not good for your grades," Tikki wisely advises while yawning. Knowing I'm probably keeping her up by thinking too hard, I nod, resting my head on my pillow.
"Night, Tikki," I mumble, trying to find a comfortable position in bed. Doing so proves as difficult, but eventually I find the right ways in which to situate my body. I feel fatigue rush over me as I pull up the covers; I see Tikki smile at me through half closed eyes.

She whispers, "goodnight, Marinette," and with that I'm drifting into the darkness of my mind.

---

I wake up to Tikki freaking out. "Marinette! MARINETTE! It's 1o:30am! We're like 2 hours late for school!"

A gasp leaves my mouth and I'm suddenly very awake as I shoot up in my bed. "WHAT?!" Where the heck are my parents? They should've woke me up or something! "Maybe I could just skip today?" I lightly suggest, knowing it's a bad idea. Tikki shakes her head.

"I know you're tired Marinette but school's important. Plus, if you don't go you can't see Adrien...." She heightens the pitch of her voice at the end of the sentence as if to add a more persuasive tone. She didn't really need to do that though to be fair, because Adrien's name alone could motivate me to do anything. Want me to jump off a cliff? Have Adrien do it with me. Want me to bake a fifteen tier wedding cake? Have it be for mine and Adrien's wedding. Want me to clean my room? Tell me Adrien's coming over.

Adrien is my light. And I have no shame in admitting that.

"I know. Honestly, I feel like I only go school for him. Before he came to the school I missed so many days off," I chuckle, pulling the covers off my pyjama covered body. Tikki laughs with me, flying over to my dressing table to wait for me.