Chapter 17

A/N:

So I said on my profile that I'd update at the weekend but liiiiike we hit 17K so what kinda writer would I be if I didn't update early in celebration?

ILY guys so much and the support this book gets surprises me everyday like I'm mind blown

THANK YOU

----------

Adrien

It's Friday. Marinette has been distancing herself from me and I have no idea why. Of course, part of me is a little relieved. She came pretty close to finding out my identity on Wednesday. But the other part of me kind of wants her to know about my identity. She's going to find out eventually if we start dating so why not now?

I guess I'll feel like I'm betraying Ladybug in a way if I reveal myself to Marinette. Speaking of Ladybug, Marinette is beginning to remind me more and more of her-but I think that's just my stubborn feelings for Ladybug making me delusional.

Sure, no one else reminds me of Ladybug but I've only really spoke to the people in our class. I probably don't even know her outside of the mask.

"Hey, Adrien, you should probably stop daydreaming about Marinette or Ladybug or whoever you're in love with right now and do something with your life...like giving me some Camembert?" Plagg interrupts my train of thought, as usual. Does he ever think of anything other than cheese? Somehow, I really doubt it.

"Well maybe you should stop daydreaming about cheese for once, hmm?" I retort, rolling my eyes at him.

"Don't compare the perfection that is cheese to your girlfriend. Oh wait, I mean girlfriends..." he scolds, a defiant look on his face. Why does he always have to have the last word? "Nah, I mean girlfriend," I hear him mutter to himself.

What did he mean by that? He knows I'm torn between Ladybug and Marinette...But I guess my feelings for Marinette are stronger at the moment.

Wait she's not even my girlfriend!

"Yet," Plagg replies. Did I say that out loud? Oops.

"I appreciate the fact that you're rooting for me, Plagg. But I have a feeling you're just sucking up so you get some cheese," I accuse, folding my arms amusedly. He rolls his eyes.

"Umm...Obviously! Gosh Adrien, you really are oblivious to everything. Now give me some Camembert! I'm hungry!" he whines like a baby. If anyone else were to receive such verbal abuse, they'd probably be shocked. But I've known Plagg long enough to get used to it so it doesn't hurt when he says things like that.

(I mean my father doesn't love me and never makes an effort and I don't know where my mom is and everyone at school apart from my close friends just want to be friends with me because I'm a model and I'm basically starved by Nathalie to be a model and I've been dealing with Plagg bullying me for almost 2 years now but I'm FiNe. MY FEELINGS DON'T MATTER BUT IT'S FiNe. *cries in a corner)

"Fine, here," I pull a piece of Camembert out of my pocket and hold it out to him.

"FINALLY! MY WIFE, MY LOVER, MY GOOEYNESS...." he drools as he races towards the cheese and snatches it from my fingers. I scrunch my face up.

"Plagg, that's weird."

But he's too busy devouring his Camembert to notice.