Chapter 20

Mega early update because I accidentally pressed publish instead of save😂😂😂

Marinette

"That was really kind of you to visit Adrien like that, Marinette," Tikki says, smiling proudly.

"Thanks, Tikki. It was the least I could do for him considering how much I've pushed him away," I sigh, rubbing my temples in stress. I need to stop feeling guilty. I'm doing it for a good reason!

"You shouldn't worry about that; you have your interview in half an hour so you should be thinking about what you're going to say," she scolds in a weird...sympathetic kind of way-if that makes sense?

I lightly smile at her. "You're right. This is my first super big interview I'm doing after all. I need to prepare myself."

My overwhelming guilt can engulf my thoughts afterwards.

Today is going to be a good day!

...I hope.

----------------

It's finally time for the interview. I'm transformed as Ladybug and I'm being ushered into the interview room. Thanks to my superhero persona, I'm not that nervous.

As I walk into the room, my eyes trail upon a huge crowd in front of the 3 interview seats. I catch sight of Alya and Nino in the front row. "Nino! Oh my gosh! Ladybug's here! Stop moving; I'm trying to film for my Ladyblog!" Alya yells at him.

Nino looks at her amusedly. "You're crazy," he chuckles, a loving gaze on his face. Ugh, those two are perfect for each other. Like can they just get married already?

"Ladybug, you're here! Hi," the interviewer greets, shaking my hand before I sit down in my seat. Upon doing so, I realise the one next to me is empty. Where's Cat Noir?

"Hello, nice to meet you," I grin in an attempt to hide my discontent with the fact that Cat Noir isn't here yet. Why can't he just be here already? I don't want to be doing all of the talking.

"So, we should probably wait a little longer for Cat Noir to arrive. In the meantime, why don't you go talk to your fans?" he suggests, glancing back at them.

A small part of me doesn't want to greet them alone and another small part of me doesn't want to get up from the chair seeing as I've only just sat down. But a big part of me is excited to talk to Alya and Nino.

I nod my head, standing up. "Sure. Don't worry, I'm sure Cat Noir will be here soon. He wouldn't miss such a golden opportunity to show off his puns." I giggle to myself, thinking about just how terrible a lot of them are.

The interviewer laughs. I make my way over to my 'fans'-doesn't that sound weird? Clumsy, dorky Marinette has fans? Well not exactly Marinette. Why am I talking in third person?

"Ahhh! Ladybug! Take a selfie with me!" I hear Chloe's obnoxious voice demand. It takes everything in me not to roll my eyes at the fact that she's here. If only she knew who I was under the mask. Then she'd feel a lot differently.

I force a smile as she takes a picture of us. If I didn't then I wouldn't be acting very professional. Besides, last time I acted coldly towards her I caused an akuma and we don't want that to happen again.