Chapter 5

Adrien

After hanging out with Marinette a few times now, I can safely say that she is one of the nicest people I've ever met. However, today, I have the chance to see even further into her personality-and so far, I've found that she's...still amazing. Even though we've only just gotten into my room, talking with her in the limousine...Well I felt like we'd known each other forever.

We talked so much on the way home about our lives I almost forgot about the main reason I wanted to talk to her: Ladybug. Talking with Marinette seems to be distracting me from her and this isn't good because I don't want M'lady thinking I'm disloyal to her. I mean I know we're not together or anything and she always rejects my superh-

"So what did you want to know about Ladybug?" Marinette interrupts my train of thought, gazing at me with a bright smile.

"Oh, um, yeah. I guess I just want to know her in general. So, I don't know...Perhaps you could tell me what she's like? Maybe the little things she's interested in as well? She's just so amazing and I want to know everything about her...Sorry, that came off creepy," I chuckle, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment after realising how obsessive I just made myself sound.

Marinette wears a facial expression is one of shock at my words and I begin to worry about whether she thinks I'm a stalker. "Wow, you really like her, don't you?" she asks, her shock turning into admiration.

"I love her."

As soon as the three words leave my mouth, my already warm face feels like it's 1000 degrees. I didn't mean to say that aloud. I'm just so used to saying that to Plagg when he says that my relationship with Ladybug is just one sided infatuation.

To my surprise however, Marinette's face also turns red. "W-wow. Um...anyway I should probably tell you about her now, aha..."

Awkwardly scratching the back of my neck I nervously stutter out an answer of, "uhh-yeah...hehe..."

"So um...Let me think...I know that her favourite colour is pink, but she also likes the colours black and green. I think that might be because Cat Noir's growing on her a bit. She talks about him A LOT. Not as often as she talked about you but her relationship with him is very strong and I know that she admires him and his loyalty for her a lot." My heart jumps at her words. Ladybug talks about both sides of me! Does that mean she's learning to love all of me?

And her favourite colour is pink! Adorable!

"Cat Noir is pretty loyal, isn't he?" I sneakily bring up. There's no harm in feeding my ego a little...Just this once...

Marinette's face blanks, and her expression becomes unreadable. "Yeah-I know Ladybug really thinks so anyway. Sometimes she gushes about how good a superhero he is-always risking himself to save others. She never admits it to him but she appreciates him so much and don't tell Cat Noir this but the nickname that he calls her- 'M'lady' -is something she's beginning to secretly love," she giggles slightly, a pink tint dusted across her cheeks. My lips quirk upward at her words.

I knew I was wearing her down.

It's obvious from what I'm hearing that Ladybug has a soft spot for both Adrien and Cat Noir. It kind of makes me feel guilty in a way that she loves both sides of me yet I only know to love her Ladybug form. Although, it shows my loyalty to her, that's for sure.

"You know, it really seems like she likes Cat Noir, not me. Are you sure she doesn't have a crush on him instead?" I ask this because I really hope she likes Cat Noir more. The reason for this is because she barely even knows me as Adrien and she's with Cat Noir a lot more. I would much prefer it if she liked the side of me that she sees more often.

At my question, Marinette's face goes a little pink. "Uh...aha...Actually, please don't get offended by this but Ladybug seems kind of confused with her emotions. She's told me she doesn't know who to love more and it makes her feel awful because she cares for both of you so much...I know I said she likes you more, Adrien but...I thinks she's only just realised everything Cat Noir's ever done for her. He's did so much, you know! The amount of times he's sacrificed himself for her, it's crazy. By realising this, if there was a situation where an akuma made it so that she could either save you or Cat Noir, she'd probably save Cat Noir. I don't know if it's out of loyalty or not. But what I do know is that just lately, she's beginning to care for him more than ever..."

"You know, I really admire that she is so loyal to him. I mean, me and Ladybug ever happening is pretty unlikely seeing as we barely know each other so I'm not offended at all. I think her and Cat Noir would be good together," I shrug, pretending to not be as in love with her as I am. I'm over the moon actually at the fact she's so loyal to the side of me that she knows best.

Marinette's eyes widen at my confession. "O-oh so you don't love her anymore?" Her face is one of disappointment but also confusion and shock.

"No! No, of course I still have feelings for her. But maybe it's just a stupid crush, you know. As if she'd ever actually date a civilian like me anyway," I sigh, knowing everything I'm saying is a total lie. Marinette believes it though, and she looks at me with a sympathetic gaze that kind of makes the butterflies in my stomach go a bit crazy.

"You never know, Adrien. Her civilian form could be closer to you than you think..." she slightly mumbles, looking down.

"What? I thought you didn't know who she was?"

She bites her lip nervously. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't...Who cares though, am I right? I should probably get going. Hey, you should help me babysit Manon again this week. Bye-"

Before she turns for the door, I grab her hand. "I care." Her lips part before her face switches from shocked to uncomfortable to irritated.

"Of course you do. Just like everyone else. Everyone cares about Ladybug and who she is under the mask. The only reason you're trying to stop me from leaving is because you want to know about Ladybug. You don't really enjoy my company; you just wanted to use me for information. Well you know what? If I were Ladybug, I would want someone to care about my civilian form without knowing I was also a superhero. I'd want a real love. So good luck winning her over and goodbye," she huffs out, snatching her hand out of mine and storming out.

What just happened?

A/N:

I AM SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE MY LAST UPDATE AND THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN LADYBUGS PATIENCE WITH PUNS LIKE IVE HAD THE WORST WRITERS BLOCK EVER AND IM DOING EXAMS AND

I don't know why I'm yelling 😂

Anyway be sure to vote, comment and all that jazz and I'll be sure to try my best to not be a total Lie-la and say I'm updating soon when I'm not ahaha..

But I'm gonna try my best to update within the next two weeks so stay tuneddddd.... ✨✨

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee