Chapter 15

Adrien

"So, are you Babysitting Manon again anytime soon?" I ask, glancing at Marinette as we walk along the sidewalk, hand in hand. (I know, I'm trying really hard not to fanboy too.)

She smiles in the most beautiful way before answering. "Yeah, actually, I'm supposed to be babysitting her again on Wednesday after school...if you wanted to come over you can?"

"I'd love to." My response is quick, just so she knows that babysitting Manon is something I'm genuinely looking forward to. I'm not really looking forward to seeing Manon; she insulted me as Cat Noir so she needs to apawlogize first. I'm looking forward to getting to spend more time with Marinette. No offence to Manon or anything, but I'm not the best at furgiving people easily.

Okay, I need to stop punning.

Even if it is amewsing.

Fur real, I'm done meow.

"Great! You know her mom was talking to me the other day saying Manon really missed you. I think you're really good with kids so you don't have anything to worry about for that orphanage visit," she shyly confesses. I feel a smile take over my lips at her words.

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

It's like Marinette's faith in me is all I need to feel content in myself. Marinette has helped me in more ways than she will ever know. Especially within the past week. "Thank you, Marinette. For everything. I would probably be too scared for next Saturday if it wasn't for you...You should come with me to see the children," I offer, hopefully looking down at her.

Her face lights up for around 2 seconds, before it dramatically drops. "Ah, I'd love to, I really would! But I um, I promised Alya I'd go to the Cat Noir and Ladybug interview, since they're also doing meet and greets afterwards...hehe. I'm so sorry, I wish I could go-"

"Oh yeah!" I blurt out before I can stop myself. I completely forgot about the interview we have next Saturday! I can't do that and go to the orphanage. Noticing the startled and perplexed look on Marinette's face, I quickly compose myself. "I-um-well-I was, I was going to go to that as well actually. I forgot it was next Saturday. What time does that start?" I stutter.

"It starts at 3pm. Do you think you'll still be able to go?" 3pm. That sounds okay. The orphanage visit starts at 10am and finishes at 2:30pm so I should be able to make it, even if I do end up a bit late.

"Oh no, I don't think I'll be able to make it. But you should tell me about what they're like afterwards," I make up an excuse, with full intentions of going anyway. Just not as Adrien.

"That's a shame. But yeah, I'll let you know what happens," she smiles, looking down.

Silence spreads through the air as we walk hand in hand down the street. This is the most peaceful I've felt in a long time. It's not very often I get the chance to have a leisurely walk around Paris after all.

"Hey, this is super random, I know, but have you noticed that Cat Noir's been looking pretty down just lately? I-uh-Ladybug told me he has been...and she-she wanted to know if the public had started to notice...that's all," Marinette suddenly breaks the silence, looking anywhere but my face.

I find myself feeling speechless at her question. Have I really been acting sad around Ladybug? To be honest, I can't really help it. It's like I just think about how downhill our relationship has gone and it makes me want to crawl into my bed and never come out. I miss the old times.

"I haven't noticed, actually. But maybe you should tell Ladybug to perhaps talk to Cat Noir because I'm pretty sure he's got a lot on his mind that he'd like to let out...You know since if he's been acting sad and all, it's obvious he needs to vent or...whatever...hehe..." I awkwardly trail off. Glancing to the side of me, Marinette seems to be deep in thought.

"Hm...I should probably talk to him..." My eyes widen. She is going to try to talk to Cat Noir?

Upon noticing my expression, panic all of a sudden spreads across her face. "I-I-I mean her! As in Ladybug...Because then I can get her to talk to Cat Noir. Obviously, aha. Why would I...talk to Cat...Noir? Ridiculous, am I right? The only way I'd be able to talk to him was if I was Ladybug herself which I'm not! It would be amazing to be a superhero like her but I'm just regular ol' me hahahaha...I'll stop talking now," she rambles, confusing me to the very core of my brain. Why is she getting so flustered?

"Okay then..." I nervously smile, looking away from her.

This just got awkward...

----------

"Thank you for making my acquaintance, Marinette. Today would've been super boring without you," I say, while seeing Marinette to her door.

So I guess the walk around Paris wasn't too awkward. I mean, it was...for a good 10 minutes. But after that, I just found a way to change the subject and it turned into a really pleasant time.

"No problem, Adrien. I had fun. I'll see you on Wednesday?" she hopefully asks, with the cutest big eyes I've ever seen. How could I say no to that face?

"It's a date," I grin.

But then her mouth falls open.

Did I say something wrong?

Wait-NO.

OH MY GOSH, did I just say that?

'It's a date' - WOW ADRIEN, WAY TO TAKE THINGS SLOW!

Those three words are so inappropriate! I mean it'd hardly be a date seeing as there'll be a little kid with us too! How embarrassing can I get? "I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!" I clear my throat. "I didn't mean that. What I meant to say was...yes? Yes! I will be there. I will see you on Wednesday! Bye!" And with that I hurry away from her door and speed walk down the street.

That was so embarrassing!

"That was perfect," Plagg cackles as he emerges from my shirt. "I love the new awkward you; it's so much more...entertaining."

I roll my eyes at his childishness. "Wow, Plagg. Really? I love how you enjoy mocking my emotional pain!" He shrugs his shoulders, still wearing the widest grin ever, making me scoff in annoyance. What a supportive kwami.

We near a dark alley, so I make my way into it to transform. "Anyway, I need to get back home. Plagg...Claws out," I half-heartedly mutter, feeling so ready to get into my bed and just sleep.

Let's just hope I don't have nightmares about those last few moments with Marinette.

------------------

A/N:

Hey guys! So that was chapter 15 😁 I know not much happened in this chapter but we did find out about a certain interview that'll be happening with Cat Noir and Ladybug 😉

Speaking of finding out things...We're probably about half way through this book! Which also means that there's around 15 chapters left! ....which also means the reveal will be happening within those 15 chapters! Are you ready? Because I'm gonna be nervous as heck to write that chapter 😂 it can't be anticlimactic , right? Ahh the pressure! 😂

But yeah I wanted to say thank you for getting this book to almost 10K reads?! Like I remember celebrating 100 reads I can't physically or mentally process this at all? It actually means the world to me 💖💜

Anyway, I'll be updating as soon as I can so stay tunnneeeeddd!

-Belle