Chapter 19

Adrien

Marinette is killing me.

She is literally killing me inside. Why did she have to not tell me how she was feeling? I thought we were closer than that. Well, I suppose it was Cat Noir and she hardly even knows that side of me so I can't really blame her. It's actually pretty bad that the idea of blaming her is in my head in the first place; she could be going through something at the moment.

But I should probably just forget about that right now. After all, today is the day I visit the orphanage and go to the interview with Ladybug. So really, I need to be focusing all of my thoughts on what I'm going to say to the children, the interviewer and Ladybug. Honestly, I couldn't be more nervous.

It really doesn't help that visiting the orphanage could make me late for the interview as well.

I wonder if Ladybug's life is as hectic as mine.

Anyway, I'm getting distracted. I need to start getting ready to leave and if I carry on thinking too much I'll end up even more nervous than I started out to be.

"Plagg, come on, we need to go," I call out to my kwami with his face stuffed in a wheel of cheese. He groans.

"But Adrien, I'm exhausted from last night-you made me transform you when it was unnecessary and my poor aching body just can't handle such an unprepared transformation. I need time to rest," he whines childishly. Really, I can't be dealing with his refusals today. Well, it's difficult to deal with him everyday but today is an extra eventful one.

"Stop being so lazy for once and help me out here. I'm nervous enough as it is and I don't need you whining to make me even worse," I tiredly say, sighing.

He stares at me and for a moment I see empathy flash across his face...but it's gone as fast as it appeared. "Fine, but only because you let me have a whole wheel of Camembert today," he mirrors my previous sigh, backing away from his now empty packet of cheese and flying over to inside my jacket.

His compliance surprises me, and slightly makes my day ahead seem a little less worrying.

Thank you, Plagg.

---------------------

I exit my limo with Gorilla and Nathalie just outside of the orphanage. Time to bond with some kids. You can do it, Adrien. You can do it!

Before I can begin making my way towards the building though, I hear a whisper: "Adrien, over here." For some reason the whisper sounds familiar but when I turn to the direction of the sound, there's no one there.

Well now I'm curious.

"I'm just going to um... check out this building's layout-it looks really er-interesting! I'll be right back, I promise!" I hurriedly say to Nathalie, running to the side of the building before she can stop me. If someone like Chloe's there though, I'm running right back.

When I reach the spot I heard the sound from, I see...Ladybug?!

"Ladybug?" I utter, shocked at her visit. It's been forever since I've seen her in my civilian form.

She smiles brightly. "Hi! So, um Marinette told me you'd be here today and she was super upset that she couldn't come and support you so I thought I'd quickly visit and say good luck," she cheerfully explains.

"I-uh-I-thank you! It means a lot to have you say that," I shyly stutter.

My feelings begin to overwhelm me. Why am I still so affected by Ladybug? I guess it takes a while for feelings to completely disappear. Especially when those feelings are for Ladybug. I mean, she's so beautiful and perfect and amazing and I need to stop because that's never going to happen, wow, my thoughts are out of control-