Chapter 9

Adrien

I don't regret kissing Marinette. Well I do, in a way, out of guilt. I shouldn't feel guilty, I know, but no matter who I kiss I'll still always love Ladybug. So in a way, I almost feel terrible for giving Marinette only half of my heart, when I should be giving her more.

I kind of regret kissing her for so long though. Because the awkwardness of Manon seeing it is too much to bare.

"What are you two doing?" she innocently asks, staring at our compromising position on the floor. 5 seconds pass with us trying to process this situation before I scramble away from Marinette and she does the same. A light blush appears on her cheeks.

"Oh, well uh you see, we were just-"

"The Cat Noir and Ladybug dolls! You were laying on them!" Manon cuts Marinette off with a shocked voice after dramatically gasping. Before either one of us can respond, she throws her backpack to the side of her on the floor and swoops down to grab them, delicately cradling them to her chest. "Are you okay Ladybug and Cat Noir? Any broken bones?" she asks the dolls, creepily stroking them. I mean, yes, I stroked the Ladybug doll, but...I'm...I'm allowed to, okay? I'm Adrien Agreste! It's not weird! I'm normal!

"Um...Speaking of the dolls, did you want to play with them?" I awkwardly cut off her "moment" with them, crossing my legs to get in a more comfortable position on the floor as I do so.

She looks at me incredulously. "Ladybug and Cat Noir are in pain right now! So we'll have to leave them to rest and go outside to the park," her authoritative tone throws me off guard and I'm left to hope that the children at the orphanage won't be as demanding as she is.

"O-okay, i-is that alright with you, Adrien?" Marinette asks, turning to me but not quite meeting my eyes.

"Uh, yeah that's fine," I answer, half smiling at her, trying to push back the inevitable wave of awkwardness that's threatening to overwhelm our presence.

The impact of our unexplained kiss is going to make this trip to the park a very uncomfortable one...

Yay.

-------------------------------

Marinette (i know switch in P.O.V in one chapter is so rareeee but I had toooo)

Life is good. No, life is absolutely amazing. My crush kissed me. Adrien Agreste, a supermodel, willingly kissed me. I should be over the moon right now, but I'm not quite as ecstatic as I should be. Not only did the kiss make things awkward, but Manon walking in on us and not allowing us to discuss it straight the way really heightened that awkwardness. Like I'm already awkward enough; I don't need anymore of it weighing me down!

"So...Um about that kiss..." Adrien starts as we watch Manon on the climbing wall. I let out a deep breath that I've been holding for a while now, slowly turning to him. I'm kind of relieved, but at the same time crazily nervous that he brought it up.

"What the about it? I mean wha-what about the kiss?" I embarrassedly ask, leaning my face into my hands to cover up my blush. He lightly laughs at my shyness and reaches out, gently taking my hand away from my face and holding it. A soft smile rests on his lips and for a moment I forget that we're supposed to be watching Manon.

"Marinette, that kiss meant something to me. I-I-"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA, I AM SANDSTORM AND I WILL BURY YOU ALL!" An evil child's voice cuts him off and I groan out loud.

"Are you kidding me?" I say, only to realise that Adrien said the same thing from beside me. We turn to eachother with shocked expressions. I guess I'm not the only one frustrated at the fact that villains keep ruining our time together...