Chapter 7

Adrien

"Why does she have to be so hard to get over?" I groan, tugging at my hair. It's currently 7am on a school day. Instead of getting ready, I'm trying really hard to get Ladybug out of my head. I don't know if you can tell by my previous outspoken words but...It's not going so well.

"This is why you should just fall in love with cheese instead. You don't have to get over it and it tastes delicious," Plagg states, drooling slightly on the floor. Ew-Remind me to get my personal cleaner in my room tonight.

"You don't get it, Plagg. Ladybug is just so amazing. How am I supposed to move on when no one can compare to her?" I sigh, knowing he's not going to give me a very helpful reply before he even speaks.

"There's always Marinette."

Her name causes guilt to build up in the pit of my stomach. "With the way she spoke to me yesterday, I'm guessing she'll also be someone I'll have to get over." Knowing this makes me sad. When it comes to Marinette, I've always found her to be such good company. She's so understanding, kind and just generally awesome. A world without her is like a world with no light. A world with no beauty. Wait, no, I didn't mean that-I mean I do but in a friendly way, you know?

"Sooo what I'm hearing here is that you like Marinette as more than a friend?" Plagg teases, pulling me out of my thoughts. I feel my cheeks heat up at his words. I don't like Marinette; she's just a friend.

Sure, she lights my world up but so does Ladybug. Ladybug is the sun and Marinette's the moon. Sure, Marinette radiates light and all but she's not nearly as captivating as the sun, right?

What am I saying? I'm supposed to be getting over Ladybug. And downgrading Marinette isn't making me feel any better in myself either. "I like Marinette as a friend and just a friend, Plagg. She's great, but we're more compatible as friends..." I hear Plagg sigh and mutter something about me being 'stupid and oblivious' but I just choose to ignore it.
"Anyway, I need to get ready for school."

---------

"Marinette!"

"Adrien!"

We say each other's names at the same time, making me flush and also draw my brows together in confusion. Why does she want to talk to me? I thought she was mad? She awkwardly chuckles at our synced greeting. "Um, I wanted to-"

"Never be my friend again? I completely understand if you don't. Marinette, I'm so sorry. I was so awful to you yesterday and completely oblivious to your feelings," I interrupt her, nervously rambling.

Her jaw drops. "You were awful to me?! More like I was awful to you! Adrien, I came over to apologise to you. I was completely out of line for judging your love for Ladybug; I didn't understand it. But I do now and I'm so sorry for yelling at you and I hope you'll forgive me," she rambles back.

A beam breaks out on my face and relief washes over me. She forgives me! I mean I feel guilty for making her feel as though it's her fault but with that aside, she's not mad at me anymore! "You have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that. By the way, don't worry. I'm trying to get over Ladybug-I've realised being with her would never work out anyway so I won't be asking you about her anymore." For a split second, I see her smile drop, before it reappears just as quick.

"Well, recently I realised I liked someone I could never be with as well...so we can get over them together," her smile turns into a sad one, and I just want to hug her. How could anyone not want to be with her? That being said, I wonder who it is that she did like. "Oh! I'm also babysitting Manon again tonight; would you like to come over and help out?" she quickly changes the subject, a hopeful look on her face.