"That's me fucking loving you."

Lauren was curled into Camila's side on the couch. She had been on spring break, so her and Camila were spending a lot of quality time together. Things had been good the last couple of days, which gave Lauren hope.

She and Camila had been watching a movie and just talking about stupid stuff. Lauren leaned up to give Camila a kiss. She smiled into it, happy that things had been going well the past few days. It was a nice break from the awkwardness and fighting. "I love you." Lauren said. "What are we going to do for dinner?"

Camila smiled into the kiss her girlfriend initiated. "I love you too." She shrugged. She didn't know. she had planned on cooking but she was feeling lazy. "Well... We could always order something. I don't feel like cooking anything today." She stretched and yawned. "You know where the menus are. Pick whatever you want and I'll have what you have." She ran her fingers along her girlfriend's sides and closed her eyes. She was glad that things were going somewhat well for them. She hated fighting with Lauren.

"Ordering in sounds good." Lauren rested her head on Camila's shoulder. She closed her eyes and just relished in the moment. She was interrupted by the sound of her phone ringing from her purse. She kissed Camila's cheek and stood up, walking over to the kitchen counter and grabbing her phone out of her purse. She looked at the caller id and smiled. "Hello?" Lauren answered, "This is she." She turned and looked at Camila holding up her point finger, indicating that she'll just be a minute. She didn't need Camila hearing this conversation just yet, so she stayed in the kitchen.

Camila closed her eyes and could feel herself quickly drifting to sleep when she was lulled back to reality by Lauren's phone. She groaned and sighed as the warmth in her side disappeared. She pulled the blanket tighter around her and watched as Lauren stayed in the kitchen. She could see the look on Lauren's face. Something was going on.

Lauren paced around the kitchen as she listened to the person on the other end. It was one of the attending doctors at the residency program that she had committed to. She would reply to his questions when necessary. He just wanted to know a little more about her, apparently he was calling all of the people who will be starting in the program in a few months.

"Thanks for calling." Lauren said happily, "Yes. I am definitely excited and looking forward to it." She turned and headed back into the living room, "Talk to you soon. Bye." Lauren set her phone on the coffee table as she sat back down and instantly curled into Camila once again.

Camila knew it must've been someone important. She heard most of the conversation. Lauren must have been accepted somewhere. She prayed it was close. She needed it to be... She needed to be with Lauren. She wrapped her arms around Lauren again. "So... who was that?"

The older woman rested her hand on Camila's thigh and place a soft kiss to her girlfriend's cheek. She knew that Camila wasn't going to be thrilled with the news, so she was going to be as vague as possible, not wanting to cross this bridge right now. "It was an attending doctor from one of the programs that I applied to." She said simply. "He just wanted to call and talk to me about the program."

Camila narrowed her eyes. She knew this wasn't going to end well. "Um... which program?" She asked. She knew that Lauren was being vague. "Have you... chosen which one you're going to attend to?" she was hoping that it was local. She couldn't just up and move with Lauren. Her whole life was here. "And what did you talk about?"

Lauren sighed softly. "We just talked about the program and stuff." She said. She accepted the position in the program just over a week ago, but she didn't know how to tell Camila. "Yes. I have chosen where I am going." Lauren said. She laced her fingers with Camila. She needed the comfort and she needed Camila to know that she didn't make this decision to hurt her, or their relationship. "Um. I've decided that I am going to The University of Texas in Galveston." Lauren said. She closed her eyes waiting for the response.