"Emergency?"

AN: Yo.

Camila smiled and stepped out of her car to head into the hospital. Lauren had been working too much over the last 30 hours. Camila hadn't seen her girlfriend in almost a day and a half and she just wanted to spend a little time with her. She had gotten a text from Lauren telling her when she was on next shift, which started pretty soon. She looked down at the food in her hand and walked up to the nurses desk. "Hi, I'm looking for Doctor Jauregui. I'm her girlfriend and I brought her some food."

Lauren was in the on call room changing her scrubs. She had gotten a small nap in before there was an emergency that she got paged to. She was exhausted. Only 6 more hours. She was pulling on her scrub top when she got a page to come to the nurses station. Lauren sighed and quickly walked out the door. She headed to the nurses station and saw her girlfriend. She smiled softly to herself, but immediately got worried. Camila never just showed up at her work...something was wrong. Lauren walked quicker over to Camila and spoke immediately. "Is everything okay?!" Lauren asked worriedly. "What are you doing here?"

Camila thanked the nurse and made conversation. This older lady was pretty cool. She jumped when Lauren appeared. She smiled and shook her head. "Calm down, baby. I'm fine... I was just worried about you so... I brought you some food. It's just some soup... but it's the homemade chicken noodle you like so much," she placed it on the counter and pressed her lips to Lauren's cheek. "Sorry I bothered you. i just wanted to bring you some food. I'm sure you're busy."

Lauren sighed in relief when Camila said that nothing was wrong. She smiled and grabbed the soup off the counter. She grabbed Camila's hand in her other and headed away from the nurses station. They were walking down the hallway hand in hand. "You aren't bothering me, babe. I was just getting changed." She said simply.

"I just got done with an emergency bowel repair. Some kid swallowed a bunch of his brother's lego pieces." Lauren giggled. She opened the door to one of the on call rooms and pulled Camila inside, locking the door. She sat on the bed and began to eat the soup. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to." Lauren said, her mouth full of food.

Camila followed Lauren into the on-call room. "That sounds... gross... I don't think I'd be a good doctor." Holy crap, Lauren was really scarfing that down... "Are you hungry, Lo? You should probably breathe a little bit," she joked.

Lauren smiled and nodded. "Super hungry. I was in surgery for 5 hours. I missed breakfast." She continued eating the soup that her girlfriend made. "Thanks by the way. It's delicious as always." 

It amazed her at how much Lauren could eat and still keep her shape. "I can stay for a little bit. Or until you don't want me here anymore. I just kinda missed you. It's getting lonely at home... Might get a dog," she said thoughtfully.

Lauren finished the soup and grabbed Camila's hand, pulling her down to sit with her. She kept a hold on Camila's hand as they talked. "I want you here always, but I'm not sure when I will get paged again. I finished rounding on my patients before I got changed. So I'm sure I'm good for at least another 30 minutes, provided no emergencies happen." She rambled. "A dog? I'm sorry that I'm not home enough." Lauren frowned.

Camila chuckled. "Babe, it's fine. I knew what I was getting myself into when I started dating a doctor. I love you," she pushed her lips to Lauren's cheek. "And yeah, a dog... I think we should totally get a dog."

Lauren looked at Camila lovingly, "What kind of dog do you want?" She thought it was a good idea. It would definitely make Camila less lonely all the time. She knew that it wasn't always easy on Camila that she was at work all the time.