"At least you tried, right?"

Lauren hadn't been able to sleep much. She couldn't shut her mind off. She knew that she had to make it up to Camila...and it was going to start with breakfast in bed. Lauren got up. It was about 8 am. She knew that Camila liked to sleep in on her days off. Lauren had the tray of food ready just before 9 and she headed into their bedroom. She walked in the room and set the tray on the nightstand before she gently shook Camila awake. She leaned down and kissed the woman's cheek. "Baby." Lauren whispered softly and hesitantly.

Camila didn't sleep well. She went to bed pretty much crying. She was scared of losing Lauren...again. The older woman made her a better person and her insecurities were fucking it up. But she was still upset that her girlfriend had forgotten an important date... Camila had spent hours on it. And she got repaid with... nothing. She jumped slightly when she was lulled awake. She covered herself up with the blanket. "Go away," she mumbled.

Lauren frowned when Camila told her to go away. She almost just left, but she couldn't. They needed to work through this...and Lauren needed to make it up to her. "Please." Lauren said softly. She was rarely ever this soft spoken. 

Camila just wanted to sleep in. Just for a little longer. But then it hit her. She smelled something strange. She sat up and looked over. There was a bowl of cereal and two pieces of... semi-burnt toast on a little tray.

Lauren felt her heart jump when Camila sat up. She knew that her girlfriend wasn't going to just ignore her. "I...made you breakfast." Lauren said. It was barely breakfast compared to what Camila could do, but she tried. "I tried to make you eggs...like three times, but I ended up burning them all and I knew that if I didn't get something done that you would be up before I could..." Lauren shifted on her feet awkwardly. "Well...before I could surprise you with breakfast in bed." Lauren had her hands clenched together, playing with her nails...she was nervous that Camila would still be upset and tell her to leave.

Camila couldn't help but smile. Lauren was pretty bad at cooking, so she was surprised at the gesture. "It... looks good, baby..." She saw how upset Lauren looked and her heart dropped. "Thank you. This was nice of you. Um..." The toast was burnt. She laughed softly. "Well... this was definitely a surprise. At least you tried, right?" She wiped at her eyes and yawned. She looked at the clock. It was 9 in the morning. Lauren timed it pretty well. She would have been up any minute.

Lauren nodded. "Thanks. It's awful...I know. I'm sorry." She kept her eyes trained downward as she picked up the tray and set it in Camila's lap. Lauren stood there awkwardly for a minute. She didn't know what to say...whether she should stay. Hell, she didn't even know if Camila wanted her to stay.

Camila sighed. "Lauren... we both know that you can't cook. And you don't like to cook. It's one of the reasons you're with me," she joked softly, "so thank you." It saved her some of the morning. She didn't have to cook anything. 

Lauren looked at the wall and spoke, "Well... I um. I'll just let you eat." She turned around. "Sorry for waking you up."

When Camila saw that Lauren was going to walk out of the room, she frowned. "Stay...? Please?" She didn't want Lauren to go... sure they had an argument the night before, but that didn't mean that she didn't want her there.

Lauren stopped and turned around. She looked at Camila. She could tell that her girlfriend really wanted her to stay. She did, too, but she had to get the bath ready. She walked over to her girlfriend and leaned forward pressing a kiss to Camila's lips. "It's okay...enjoy your crappy breakfast. I'm going to go get ready for the day." Lauren said as she kissed Camila's lips once more and headed into the bathroom to draw a bath for herself and Camila. She knew that Camila would come and find her once she was done eating.