"It's not a dream, baby."

AN: You got the right stuff, baby!

Camila had started on dinner an hour ago. She and Lauren had decided on a nice at home date at Camila's place. She was kind of nervous because it was their first date in more than half a year.

There was a single candle and some flowers in the middle of her dining room table. A bottle of wine was on the corner with two glasses. She took the chicken out of the oven and started to slice into it a little bit. She wasn't going to use all of it, but she learned that the alfredo tasted better when you cook a full chicken instead of just the pieces. She sliced them into little squares before putting some of it into the sauce. She looked at the clock. Lauren was a little late... She knew the woman worked earlier, and being an intern, it was highly possible that she got caught up.

Lauren had to work another 12 hour shift. She got done around 6pm and rushed home. She told Camila that she would be there right after work, but she wanted to change out of her clothes and take a shower. She had gotten dressed in something simple. She was wearing high-waisted jean shorts and a crop top with a cardigan. She slipped on her sandals and got in her car to go to Camila's. Once she got there she stood in front of the door. She wasn't sure if they were at the point of just walking in or not, so she knocked.

Camila had just finished the sauce when there was a knock at the door. She furrowed her brows and walked towards it after washing her hands. She opened it and saw Lauren standing there. "You do realize that you don't have to knock, right?" She stepped aside and let Lauren walk in. She wrapped her arms around her and smiled. "How was work?"

Lauren stood there awkwardly as Camila opened the door. She sighed, "Right of course. I just wasn't sure." She chuckled softly. Lauren hugged Camila back as she kicked her sandals off. She leaned up to give Camila a kiss.

"Work was good. I got to watch an awesome surgery today." Lauren said excitedly. "Sorry I'm late. I wanted to get out of my work clothes so I went home to take a shower."

Camila rolled her eyes. "You and surgery, I swear..." She joked and walked into the kitchen.

Lauren smiled. "It's my specialty, babe. Of course I'm going to rave about it! It was an open heart surgery!" She said excitedly as she followed Camila into the kitchen. "What are you making? It smells so good." Lauren was really hungry, she hadn't eaten since lunch earlier, and it was now approaching 7pm.

"Your favorite," she kissed Lauren's cheek. "And some salad." She lead the woman to the dining room and sat her down. She reached over for the bowls of salad before putting it in front of her. She really hoped Lauren liked the set up. "Here you are." She sat down across from her.

The intern smiled softly when Camila kissed her cheek. She let Camila guide her to the table. "Mmm. Looks so good." Lauren quickly grabbed a fork and began to eat her salad. "I was so hungry." She smiled as she chewed her food. "So romantic." She winked at Camila.

Camila laughed. "Only you can eat after surgery, babe..." She started to eat her salad slowly. She had eaten that morning, so she knew that she had to take it slow.

Lauren giggled, "I could eat during surgery if they let me. Being in the operating room for hours on end and not eating at regular times sucks." She took another bite. She saw how slowly Camila was eating and just quirked her eyebrow up, she figured the woman was okay...at least she was eating something. 

"Other than the surgery... how was work?" Camila reached over and poured them both some wine. "Well, at least I know that if I somehow have a heart attack in the middle of the floor, you'll be there to fix me up."