Broken Hearted

It was a normal day in the Jäeger house. Mikasa in the living room eating ice cream and Eren was upstairs painting the nursery since Mikasa is expecting. He's painting it a cream kind of colour since they didn't know what gender the baby is. Everything was fine, then the phone went off. Putting down the paint brush he went to pick up the phone, "Hello?" All he heard was crying. "Em, hello?" Still only crying. "Hey, who is this?" He got a reply this time, "I-it's Hanji". "Oh my god, Hanji what's wrong!?" he asked now worried. "M-moblit he-he" she started crying harder. "Hanji, come over and tell us what happened okay!" Eren said concerned. "Okay..." Hanji said before hanging up. Eren went down stairs and told Mikasa that there was something wrong with Hanji and that she'd be coming over. 

In moments the door bell rang and opening it up they saw Hanji, she looked terrible. First thing she did was hug Hanji. "Shhhh, just let it out" Mikasa said calmly. She took Hanji into the living room where she was going to get her to calm down. "Eren can you put the kettle on please!" Mikasa said before turning her attention back to Hanji who was still crying. It took a while to calm her down but she was calm eventually. Eren handed her a cup of tea, "Now tell us what happened". She took a deep breath, "Well, I got a phone call from the hospital this morning. They told me that Moblit had been involved in a hit and run accident and- and that he.... that he didn't make it. He passed away" She began to cry again. Both Eren and Mikasa were in shock, this was such horrid news. "I'm so sorry Hanji !" Mikasa said hugging her. "Thanks, I'm happy have friends to take care of me" Hanji said smiling although tears still steamed from her eyes. "How about you stay over tonight, just so that you're not alone" Eren suggested. Hanji agreed, some time with them should be good for her.

So Hanji stayed with them for the rest of the day. Mikasa phoned Petra to inform her about what happened. Petra said that they'd visit tomorrow to she her. Hanji spent most of her time in the spare room, reading or doodling random stuff. So to her time passed quickly and in what seemed like 5 minutes was actually a few hours. She came down stairs to see if there was any food. She asked Mikasa when lunch would be. Mikasa said that she'd make her something, she made her a sandwich. "Here you go Hanji!" Mikasa chirped. "Thank you Moblit- I... I mean Mikasa" Hanji got a little distressed by what she had just said. It will probably take a while to get over that one, see Moblit would always make the meals so Hanji is used to thanking him. After lunch she went back up stairs.

Hanji knew that she couldn't just magically get over Moblit, it'd take time and effort. Though at least she has people to help her. Mentally she made a list of ways to help ease the pain.

1) Meet someone new

2) Learn how to cook (better)

3) See new places

4) Get a pet

She had everything sort of worked out. Except there was a bump in the road, bump being the correct word...