Devil Trap

Samuel stares at the ground, picking at the grass. His wings were tucked, invisible from the humans. Not that he has seen any recently. No matter how much he wanted to see them, he was still sortamaybekinda scared. Some of the stories he heard of them made them out to seem like beasts.

Really he knew that they were not at all like that, they were his father's creation after all. Samuel knew that they were perfect.

He got up from the grass field and scrunched up his nose, sniffing a little. Sure, it wasn't so bad but he wasn't used to this. Sometimes he would venture into someone's heaven but it would be in a house or something. Not outside, like he was right now. He had no idea how Dean loved nature so much.

The sudden thought of his angel brother made Samuel frown. He missed the archangel. He would of told him of his plans but he thought that the angel would've punished him. But that's in the past, he couldn't change the past (well technically he could but whatever, that's not the point).

Turning himself invisible, he untucked his wings and stretched them out. Samuel smiled as the muscles relaxed. Keeping the wings restrained for too long was uncomfortable. He flapped them a few time before he teleported back to where he first popped up on Earth. Which was his vessel's home. He was sure that he saw a warehouse when he was walking, only a little bit far from the house. Except he couldn't really remember because he was too busy getting used to the body.

That's where Samuel was now. But he realized that it was a barn, not a warehouse. The barn was empty, only hay scattered around and a few tools placed in some areas. It looked abandoned except for the fact that he could sense something dangerous had been here.

He let himself become visible once again, his wings still out of sight but untucked. Samuel used his grace to light the dark room so he make out the features better. He titled his head a little when he saw a demon trap on the ceiling. He wondered who knew of it, surely humans didn't know.

Before he could think anymore, a human came into the barn. Samuel instantly recognized it as a demon. So that's why the trap was there. He materialized his angel blade, hiding it behind his back so the demon couldn't see.

"Holy shit." The demon gasped out. "You're a-"

"Agh!" The sudden yell surprised the demon. It was pushed into the barn even more, causing him to fall right underneath the trap.

The angel took a few steps back, his hand tightening its grip on the blade. He hid behind a stack of dry hay.

"Gabe! Dammit, what are you doing?" The human that pushed the demon stood up and placed his hands on his hip. Samuel took note of the gun.

"Hey, I was just trying to trap the demon. You're the one who was taking forever." The short man said. The seraph smiled at the bright soul.

'Gabe' was facing the barn's doorway, the other man standing outside the barn out of his view. The man walked in, however, his blue eyes glaring at his companion.

"Whatever, do the exorcism."

The demon, who was trying to get a better look at the new person in the room, whipped his head quickly.

"Wait, no! Hold on, I can be of use to you guys!" It pleaded. Samuel frowned. He could see that it was trying to distract them, gain some time. But why?

"Yeah, sure. C'mon Cas, bring out the book."
"Why don't you memorize it?"
"Because I'm not a nerd like you, little bro."

The demon then smiled. "Fine, okay. Do it. I won't tell you about the peeping tom that's in the room." It crossed its arms as an act of defiance. Samuel glared at the demon, wishing he could just smite it right now.

"Whoa, what?" That was 'Cas' who spoke. The angel wondered if those were just nicknames or if they just had really strange names.

"Yup! The dude was just here. He's-what do you call them?" It waited a moment, pretending to think. It snapped its fingers. "Oh yeah! It's a witch. I could kill him for ya. Just let me out. Then you can exorcise me, promise!" It held out its pinky, confusing Samuel.

"No." Cas said to the demon. "The witch probably doesn't even exist." He turned to Gabe. "You know what? I'm doing it, okay?" Gabe smiled widely. "Thank you!"

"Wait! I'm not lying! You can see him, over there! Listen to me, he's a fucking angel!"

Cas stopped his words. Gabe looked stunned as well. "What did you just say?" Cas asked.

The demon gulped. "A-an angel, I-I can't see him anymore, I d-don't know where he went! Just do the goddamn exorcism, he'll kill me!"

Suddenly, there was a sound of thunder making the three jump. Then there was a sound of cracking, making them all look up.

The ceiling had a crack in it, right through the trap.

The demon laughed wildly. "Oh, your poor sons of bitches. I'm gonna k-"

The demon was stopped mid sentence, it's face glowing showing off its skeleton. Samuel slid the blade out, glaring at the body that was now facedown on the floor.

The pair looked at the body for just a second before the both looked back up and raised their weapons.

"Who in the holy fuck are you?" One of them growled out, his gun aimed straight at his vessel's heart.

"My name is Samuel, I'm an angel of the Lord."