99 Problems

Sam and Gabriel arrived at their room. As Gabriel unlocked the door, Sam took the food into his arms. "Oh, that smells good." Castiel said out loud as they entered. Dean was sitting on Gabe's (unmade) bed, staring at the television that was turned on to a channel showing a cartoon, something with a dog and a group of teenagers riding in a van. He seemed to have changed into more appropriate clothing. Sam was wearing the same set of clothes as yesterday, a simple pair of jeans and a blue-orange plaid shirt.

Cas was in the bathroom, brushing his teeth, with the door open. He spat something out and rinsed his mouth before shutting off the light and exiting. He smiled a little at Sam before going to the table where the seraph had set the food. Cas pulled out a box marked with 'B+E'. He sat down and began eating quietly, his eyes skimming a newspaper. Sam had looked over at Gabriel, who was also eating. He was eating a burrito though and typing something on some sort of electronic device. He vaguely identified it as a laptop.

Dean picked up the remote and changed the channel, a loud noise abruptly interrupting Sam's thinking. The archangel glared at the TV, switching it off. He got up and stood next to Sam. He nudged Sam's shoulder and asked, "What happened when you were out?"

Sam shrugged. "Not much. I think a human female tried flirting with me. Oh, and I saw a dog." At the mention of an animal, Sam brightened up. "It was so happy and cute." Dean nodded at his words. Animals were indeed cute, though dogs weren't exactly his favorite. Sam let out a sigh and looked towards the humans. He wondered what they would do now. Hopefully see more human life, he was enjoying both of the hunter's company but he was getting anxious to see what his father's creation had to offer.

The blood brothers seemed to have finished their food at the same time, with Gabriel throwing his napkin away after wiping his face (and missing the basket). Castiel was more careful, getting up and throwing his trash and the napkin away.

"I found something, looks like a simple werewolf. Could be worth checking out." Gabe said, looking up at Cas who simply nodded.

"Could be. How far?"

"Not much, if you don't mind a trip to Casper, Wyoming." At that, Gabe raised a brow and smirked. Castiel pursed his lips and stayed silent for a moment.

"Sure, fine." He muttered, glancing at the angels who were staring right back. Cas had almost forgotten about them. "Casper's about half a day away." He informed them, thinking ahead of what they would even do. Have they even seen werewolves before? What of they just got in the way? Castiel already had to worry about his brother, let alone two people that were practically strangers.

Dean hummed in response. "Okay. I'm sure we can handle a car ride." He said in a sarcastic tone. Castiel let out a soft huff of air through his noise, less humourous and more why-did-I-think-it-was-a-good-idea-to-let-a-guy-who-probably-hates-me-and-a another-that-my-brother-will-probably-defile-join-us.

"Now that that's settled, guess we should start getting ready." He muttered out loud, ignoring the look Gabe was giving him. He went to his bed, smiling slightly at Sam who smiled back. The seraph got up and sat next to Gabe, pointing at his laptop and asking something. Dean had moved to the side, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He looked intimidating but really, Dean was just thinking. Mostly about how heaven was currently and also about how the two brothers got into this life. He would ask later, when he was sure Castiel or Gabriel wouldn't mind it.

~~~

Gabriel was packed and ready to go yet was somehow getting scolded by his brother. Which was odd considering Gabe was older but then again, Castiel was the more mature and grounded one. When Castiel glared at him, he rolled his eyes. "C'mon Cassie, let's just go. I don't even know why you're mad." He hefted his duffel bag over his shoulder and opened the motel door.

"Because you're an idiot! Why'd you waste our money on useless stuff!" He grumbled, picking up his own bag and walking out. Sam and Dean followed suit, quietly ignoring the brotherly squabble.

"It's not useless! I'll have you know that this necklace has been blessed by one of the most powerful witches." He grinned at Castiel's unimpressed face.

"You're a hunter yet you're easily deceived." He muttered, getting into the passenger seat. Dean was already in there, Sam lingering outside the door. "It's not actually blessed, you know that right?" He asked.

Gabriel chuckled. "Of course. I only bought it 'cause it looked nice. I didn't realize Cassie would be so uptight about it." Sam smiled a little at that and got into the car.

The shorter man sighed. He felt slightly guilty. Obviously he knew why Cas got upset. They didn't have a steady income and the money they did have, usually they saved for necessities. Not to say they don't ever spend it on themselves, but those times are less than occasional. And now they would be driving half a day and would probably stop a few times. Luckily, growing up a hunter meant picking up a few sneaky tricks. Gabriel got into the car and started it up. He grinned.

"Let's roll."

---

guess who's back lol. sorry for the terrible chapter but hopefully by the next few chapters there will be more action. sorry for mistakes and please vote/comment, it makes my day :)

also sorry if they seem off, it's been a while 😅
toodles haha~