I Think I'm Going To Like It Here

As the group reached the motel, Gabriel parked the car. He got out and motioned for everyone to do the same.

"Hey, Cas, you've got the keys?" Gabriel asked, stopping in front of a bright orange door. Dean stepped close to the shorter man and frowned.

"You stay here, while hunting?" He asked. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Sam and Castiel talking. He caught snippets, Sam being curious about the lock and key.

Gabriel nodded. "Yeah. Job doesn't pay much, y'know. But whatever, it's the family business and all." He said with a roll of his eyes. He walked into the room after Sam and Cas.

Dean followed as well, wondering why they would choose this lifestyle instead doing other human things. He wouldn't dare admit but he kind of respected them for putting for their lives on the line to protect those who couldn't protect themselves.

He saw Gabriel plop onto the bed closest to the door, kicking his shoes off. Castiel was standing over the bed, his duffel bag open with things spilling out.

"So, I guess we stay here another night, find something and then head off?" Castiel asked, directing the question to his brother.

Gabriel nodded, sticking a bright red lollipop into his mouth, throwing the wrapper on to the floor. Dean then noticed more wrappers scattered on the ground.

"For a human, you're quite messy." He said, snapping his fingers so that the wrappers were now in the trash.

Gabriel snorted. "And for an angel, you're quite an uptight bit-"

"Dean, please treat them kindly. I doubt our father would want you to behave this way." Sam said, who was leaning against the wall closest to Gabriel.

Castiel let out a chuckle. Dean turned to him and walked over. He sat on the bed next to him. Choosing to ignore Gabriel and Sam, who were now talking about puppies for some reason, he decided to go talk with the more mature brother.

Castiel looked up from organizing his duffel bag to see Dean sitting on the corner of his bed, staring at him. He blushed a little under the archangel's watchful gaze.

Clearing his throat, his looked away. "What? Come to tell me that I'm messy too?" He attempted at a joke, knowing the angel wouldn't understand it anyways. He furrowed his eyebrows in surprise when he heard Dean huff in a sort of strange laugh and looked back up.

"No, I just came over because of the fact that I think you'd be a better person to have a conversation with than your brother." He said, quickly adding, "Not that there's anything wrong with him."

But Castiel just nodded in agreement, smiling. "Yeah, he gets on my nerves sometimes. Especially when you're around him 24/7, 365 days of the year."

Dean cracked a smile at that. "Well, it can't be as bad as heaven. We don't have time up there, just an endless routine. Plus, they don't have the real nature up there." He said with a shrug.

Castiel laughed. "Well, as long as you stick with us, you'll see plenty of nature. Long, endless roads of trees and skies." He grinned, but inside, he was curling into himself because that was so cheesy! But when Dean smiled that special smile of his, Cas was actually glad that he said that.

"Of course. I can't just leave now that I'm here. Especially because of Sam." He said. And with a sudden after thought, "And because of you, Castiel."

And yeah, maybe it was a little cheesy but whatever. It would be stupid to just ignore the small tug in their stomach that felt foreign to Dean and all too familiar to Cas. But that's what some humans (and certain archangels) did. Ignore the good things, even when it was in reach in front of their very eyes.