Chapter 3

------------

Hiccup's P.O.V

------------

I was feeling really worried. Taking care of a whole village?!? I can lead my friends during missions and training but this different! I thought to myself. Maybe if I just talk to the others or Astrid, maybe they can solve my problem. After flying for a few minutes, Toothless and I finally arrived at the academy. When we walked in, Astrid greeted me first. Then followed by the others. Astrid was the first to figure out that I was feeling down because she asked me this question, "Hiccup are you feeling alright? You look so down in the dumps." "It's nothing Astrid," I replied trying to sound happy. But it didn't work. Astrid knew I was lying so she suggested, "Maybe if you tell us, we can solve it together. And by together I mean me and Fishlegs," I looked behind her to see Snotlout shouting at his dragon Hookfang for making his pants on fire by flaming up his body while Ruffnut and Tuffnut are slapping each other so that they can see stars. Fishlegs was standing next to me when I said, "Alright. I'll tell you guys! But lets leave the twins and Snotlout behind. Let's talk outside the academy." So we crept out of the academy, quietly, leaving our dragons there with the twins and Snotlout so they don't notice we're gone. "Ok. Where should I start? Umm..." I started. "Well this morning, my dad told me that he's leaving for the island of Oderon and his trip will take him six months, so while he's away, I have to be the temporary chief of Berk till he comes back." When I finished, Astrid and Fishlegs mouths were hanging down. "WHAT?!?!?!?" they both screamed in unision. "Wh-who is gonna take care of the academy and training?!?" blurted out Astrid. "And who is going to give us orders if Alvin or the Bezerkers attack?!?" yelled Fishlegs. "Well, you are going to take care of the academy Astrid, while Fishlegs can supervise the missions. And we will train at night like we used to do in Flight Club," I said. They both were too shocked to speak that I had to calm them down by saying it won't be that bad. After they calmed down, we went back to the academy to tell the others. They didn't take it well either but they accepted it anyways. So we trained all day today for the last time. After training, I told Astrid to meet me at the cove tonight to talk. I hope she won't suspect anything because tonight I'm gonna ask her a really hard question to talk about.

------------

Astrid's P.O.V

------------

Hiccup just asked me to meet him at the cove after dinner. I hope it isn't anything serious or more surprising then him being the 'new' temporary chief.

After dinner...

I went to see Hiccup at the cove like he said. When I reached there I saw him looking at his reflection in the water while sitting on a big rock. I stood next to him. He relised my presence, he said, "Oh! Astrid you made it." "Of course I'd come," I replied. Hearing what I said to him made him blushed light red. "Umm... *cough* well I asked you to come here to discuss about the academy," he said feeling really awkward. "Oh ok," I replied. "Ummm... Astrid? Are you sure you can take care of the academy and train with them? If it's too much responsibility I can assign it to Fishlegs and..." "No no no no no! It's ok I can handle it. So is that all you want to talk about?" I asked. "Well um not really... Astrid do you wan- never mind. It's stupid of me to ask this," he replied sadly. "What? What is it?" I asked eagerly. "Foooh ok ok Hiccup you can do this. Um Astrid? Will you... be my... girl...friend?" he asked shyly. I was shocked and happy at the same time. I blushed so red that if Hiccup noticed I would have been so embarassed! So before he could say anything I replied, "YES!!!" I was so happy that I hugged him so tight, he could barely breath. "Um... Astrid...choking... here!!!" he squeaked. I finally let go of him and said "Sorry." When he breath in enough air, he said, "Thank you, Astrid! You made me feel like the luckiest guy in Berk!" he said happily. So we spent most of the night at the cove looking at stars and holding hands while laying down on the soft grass. After a few hours, we decided to go home because it was getting preety late. We wished each other goodnight, went to our respective homes and slept soundly.

Hey guys! Thanks for still reading this fanfic! I just posted two stories in one day. Wow! And this chapter was quite long. So I hoped you enjoyed it! As always please comment and vote for my story I won't judge whatever you guys write. Ok. Bye!

-httyd2lover