Chapter 20

------------
Hiccup's P.O.V
------------

"I choose... to be chief." I said. Berk does need a chief. And I can't let Snotlout be chief. He doesn't deserve it. Tuffnut might just ask the vikings to make him dangerous machines. Fishlegs would probably make a law to read the Dragon Book or suffer the punishments... ugh! Gothie sighed and started writing Viking Symbols. 'Great choice, young one!' I read. I smiled. "Bye Gothie!" I said and ran out the door.

A few months later...

Dad is coming home today. The last few months of chiefing were... not so bad? I guess. I'm just standing and waiting for dad to arrive at the docks. After dad comes home I'll tell him some news and... well I'm not going to tell. Yet. "Waiting from them to arrive, huh?" I heard someone said. "Yeah." I replied and I saw Astrid sitting down next to me. She lied her head on my shoulder and smiled sweetly. "Wanna race after this?" she asked. "Sure! But I need to see dad and tell him something first. Then someone else." "Who?" I just kept quiet. "You'll see..." I said with a smirk. "Fine..." she said annoyed. After a while just sitting there, we saw the ships approaching. "Finally! They've arrived!" I said excitedly. I found my dad first and greeted him with open arms. "DAD!!! Welcome back!" I shouted to him. "SON!!!" he shouted back and gave me a tight squeeze. "Uh... dad... can't... breath!" I stammered. "Oh! Sorry!" "Ugh! Um... so, dad? Can I ask you something?" "Of course! Anything, son."

A few hours later...

"Of course you can! I'm so proud of you! I can plan your..." "Shuush! Dad! Don't yell it out!" I silenced him. "Oh! Sorry..." he said in a whisper. "I'm gonna go see his dad. Please make sure she's no where near her house!" "Of course son." my dad said. "Thanks dad!" I thanked him.

A few minutes later...

"Thank you so much, sir!" I thanked. "Your welcome me boy! But take good care of my daughter! Like you promised." "I will!" I said and ran out the door. I went to find Astrid. I found her flying around on Stormfly. I whistled for Toothless. He ran up to me and I raced up to Astrid. "Hey!" I called to her. "Hey! There you are! I've been looking every where for you!" she shouted. "Well here I am! And how about that race? To that cliff we found. The one with the charming view of the sunset?" I suggested. "Ok! 1, 2, 3!" she yelled and we raced to the cliff. We raced and I won. Like always.

------------
Astrid's P.O.V
------------

"Congrats champ!" I puffed. "Thanks m'lady!" he said. Then we stared at the ocean while sitting on the cliff. Watching the sun go down.

------------
Hiccup's P.O.V
------------

This is it! I've asked our dragons to fly back to Berk and leave me and Astrid alone. I set Toothless's automatic tail so he can fly by himself. It's time to ask her. "Astrid?" I started. "Do you love me?" I asked. "Of course I do! Hiccup, you know that. We've been dating for as long as I can remember." "Ok then... *cough*" I get on one knee and asked her, "Astrid? Will make me the happiest viking on Berk by giving me your hand in marriage?" I asked. She was silent and by the look on her face she was happy and confused. "Oh! Well... Hiccup..." 'Oh great! Here comes rejection...' I thought. "Of course the answer is... YES!!!" I was shocked and happy. She jumped on me and kissed me passionately.

One year later...

Me and Astrid got married and I had become chief. My position as the head of the Dragon Training Academy is still with me. I don't care if I had too many responsibilities. At least I enjoy doing it. And who knows what other surprises might come to us?

Hey guys! *Snif!* Last chapter! But I'm gonna make a crossover book and maybe a Hunger Games fanfic? Maybe. Depends if you guys want it! Of course it's a PeetaxKatniss fanfic! Comment, vote and share cause this is the last chapter! Bye!

-httyd2lover