43: ~ Tea(Viktor X Reader) ~

Hand, Dog, Tea

Viktor X Reader

It is hopeless. Loveless. Lifeless.  Whatever you have with your boyfriend just didn’t seem to work. You think that it never worked in the first place and that you were just trying to make yourself think that he was the one for you. The lies you tell yourself have no effect and you feel stuck in this life with him. You don’t want to be stuck though. There is more to life than the word  ‘settle’ . It is the last thing that you want. You want love but you know that it is not with him. It is not with the man that you are sleeping next to. He is not the one. You would rather live life alone than in a loveless relationship with him.

There are no emotional ties that you have left with him. The number of years that you dated didn’t matter and all you want to do is to run. You want to run so that you can start to breathe… so you can feel like you are alive again. You don’t say goodbye and just have one bag packed. You notice that you never really lived in his apartment. It always just felt like it was a temporary stay and that the stay is now over. 

You walk on the streets with the sun starting to rise. You don’t look back at the apartment because there’s nothing there to make you want to stay. Sitting on a park bench, you watch the lights emerge from the sun. It is a scene that makes you feel that you are starting your life over and that your choice to leave him was the right one. As you sit on the bench, a big dog jumps onto the seat next to you and nestles his head on your lap. Looking around the park, you don’t find his owner in sight.  ‘Makkachin’ . You read the name of the dog’s name tag. 

“Where are your parents, Makkachin?” you pet his fur. He looks up at you and then back at the rising sun. You smile as your hand continues to flow over the dog’s fur. “Makkachin,” you see the he look up at you when he hears you call out his name. “You get to roam free a lot, right? You may have a collar on… but you’re not chained down are you? Your owners love you, right? They’re out looking for you even though you ran away, right?”

You talk to Makkachin as if he is a real person and able to understand all that you are feeling. Even though you ran away, you know that no one is looking for you. No one is worrying about you because you doubt the man that was sleeping next to you even noticed that you are gone— that you have completely disappeared from his life. Makkachin suddenly sits up from your lap and wags his tail, happily. He waits patiently as you hear another person’s voice call out the dog’s name.

“Your owner is coming,” you tell Makkachin. He turns to you and licks your hand and then smiles, showing all of his white canine teeth. 

Walking through the entrance, from the corner of your eye you see a silver/plantinum hair man looking around frantically. You automatically assume that he is looking for the happy smiling dog beside you. The man spots his dog and jogs up to the bench. 

“Makkachin! There you are,” the man says and motions for the dog to come to him.

Makkachin doesn’t move. He’s still grinning but he doesn’t move as he looks back to you and then to his owner. Makkachin barks at his owner and settles his head down on your lap once again. You look over to the silver/platinum hair man and aren’t sure if you should say young boy instead of man. His face is so angelic that you think that this is what a God is suppose to look like. The silver/platinum man walks up to you, apologizing for his dog’s actions.

“I’m sorry about him. He’s never done this before.”

You smile weakly at him. “It’s okay. I didn’t mind his company,” you say and continue to pet the cute dog only to realize that you are touching the man’s pet. “Did you want to—

“No, no. It’s fine. He seems to like you,” the man smiles. It warms you to the extent of how the sun could warm a person. “I’m Viktor Nikiforov by the way and that’s my son, Makkachin.” You greet him and tell him your name, all the while laughing as you hear Viktor say that his son is a dog. He barely looked old enough to be a dad.

“Your son?” you ask inquisitively, raising both eyebrows.

“Single dad,” he says jokingly and places his hand on Makkachin’s tummy, giving the dog a belly rub. Makkachin ignores the gesture and licks your hand, still smiling happily. “Makkachin, don’t bother the pretty lady.”

Viktor looks at you shyly but you don’t take any notice to his words. There are other things on your mind as you stare out into the bright blue sky, wondering where to go next… wondering what you are going to do next. You look down at Makkachin. The way that he lays on your lap makes you wonder if he’s trying to keep you from leaving. It is a strange thought that you are not sure why it popped into your head. Why would a dog be trying to keep you here?

Viktor pulls his attention onto you. He heard your voice from before, talking to Makkachin. It is how he found Makkachin in the first place. Viktor notices your one bag that sits idly on the park bench. “If he didn’t come after you, then it’s his loss,” Viktor says carefully… not wanting to pinch a nerve.

You face Viktor. Pushing back a few loose strands of hair behind your ear, you nod at him. You think that he may have overheard your one-sided conversation with his pet. “Between you and me, I’m glad he didn’t,” you halfheartedly joke… knowing very well that you doubt a person would ever stop you from leaving. “I couldn’t sleep and just felt that this wasn’t… or should I say… isn’t the place where I want to be. It isn’t a place where I see myself happy. I don’t think I could feel free if he were to come for me.” You look quickly from Viktor to the flying birds overhead. Freedom. It’s definitely the feeling that you want to experience. Slowly standing, you feel that you have said too much to a complete stranger. “I should go.”

“Can I take you out for cup of tea for finding Makkachin?” Viktor asks, disappointed in himself that he couldn’t offer you more comforting words. He sense that right now… it isn’t words that you wanted. It is something he feels incapable of giving at the moment… maybe later but definitely not now.

You shake your head at the gesture. The kindness doesn’t go unnoticed but you don’t think the situation deemed fit to go and have a warm drink with Viktor. “I can’t. I’m sorry.” You turn to leave but Makkachin runs up to your feet. He barks as if he was trying to say words that his owner could not. You lean down to the cute pet and hold the small chin of the dog. “It was nice meeting you, Makkachin. Maybe we will meet again someday.”

Standing up, you say goodbye to the dog and its owner. Viktor carries Makkachin in his hands and tells you one more thing before you disappear, “Makkachin will be waiting here. Every Saturday, he’ll be here with that cup of tea. Not just Makkachin but me too.”

You turn your head, confused by his words. Unlike leaving the apartment that you didn’t even care to look back to, you looked back to Viktor. Surprised by his words. You give him a small smile. A very small smile that is barely seen under the bright sun. Funny how a stranger is willing to stop you and you consider listening to him. Walking out of the park, you hope to meet Viktor again but under different circumstances.