Chapter 2

AMELIAS POV
I was scrambling around before Owen came over. I got ready and Bailey wanted me to play with him. I picked him up and finished my makeup. Zola got jealous so I picked her up too. They're so cute.
"Aunt Amelia can we play with my trains?" Bailey asked.
"Sure," I said.
I put them down and Bailey went and got his trains. Zola got up and showed me her doll. Bailey came back and he built a train track for him and Zola.
"Here you can have this one," he handed me a green train and Zola a pink one. We played for a while. Ellis started crying in the next room. Maggie was upstairs and Meredith was still at the hospital. I went and cradled her in my arms. Maggie came down the stairs.
"You look nice," she said.
"Thanks," I said.
"Aunt Amelia I want up," Bailey said.
"I got Ellis," Maggie said.
"Okay," I handed Ellis off to Maggie and picked Bailey up. The doorbell rang.
"Is that mommy?" Bailey said. I hoped it was Owen.
"It might be," I said kissing his head. I opened the door. It was Owen.
"Hi Owen!" Bailey said.
"Come in for a minute," I said smiling.
"Hi bailey," he smiled at me.
"Bailey I have to go," I said kissing his head.
"Okay," he said. I put him down and said bye to Maggie, Zola, and Ellis. Owen opened the door and I smiled at him. We walked out and he closed the door.
"You look pretty," he said.
"Thanks," I said.
"I'm sorry but I have to do this," he said.
He put his arm around me and kissed me. We heard someone walking up the driveway. He broke away and smiled at me.
"Um..wow," I said. Meredith walked up the stairs.
"Hi," I said.
"Hey," she said.
She walked inside. She stuck he tongue out at me through the window and closed the blinds. Owen and I both laughed.
"Sorry where was I?" He smiled.
"Right here," I said as I pressed my lips against his. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I kissed him passionately. I had my arms around his neck. We broke away and I smiled at him. He took my hand and he drove us to dinner.
Dinner was really good. I told Owen I didn't drink so he didn't either, which I thought was really nice. We both ate lobster.
"Hey want to walk around downtown?" He asked.
"Sure," we drove like 5 minutes to downtown. He got out and put his arm around me. We went in a few cute shops and time seemed to fly.
"Hey Amelia its 12:45," he said laughing.
"Oh," I laughed. We walked back to his car and he drove me home. He walked me to the door and kissed my forehead.
"Goodnight Amelia," he said.
"Goodnight Owen," I said. I opened the door and Maggie and Meredith were still up.
"Why are you guys still up?" I said hanging my coat.
"We wanted to make sure he brought you back," Maggie said laughing.
"Oh," I laughed.
"So how was it?" Meredith said.
"Good," I said walking upstairs.
"Fine you're tired I'll get everything out of you tomorrow," Maggie said.
"Goodnight!" I said.
"Also stop making out on my front porch!" Meredith called after.
"I said goodnight!" I laughed and ran up the stairs. I closed my door and laid on my bed. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. It was Owen.
He asked if he could drive me to work tomorrow. I texted him back and said sure. I plugged my phone in and went to bed.
At 5 am my alarm clock went off.
"Ughhhh," I rolled over and hit the snooze button. 5 minutes later it went off again. I finally got up and hit to off button. I got dressed and put my hair in a bun. I brushed my teeth and checked my phone. Owen was coming in 15 minutes. I rushed and went downstairs and made coffee. Maggie came down the stairs a couple minutes later.
"What's the rush?" She said.
"Owens coming to pick me up," I said making cereal.
"Oh so the date continues," she said.
"Stop it," I said
"Hey I'm just glad you found someone," she said
"Thanks," I said. I was so tired. I drank one cup of coffee and made two more.
"What is that like ur 4th cup?" Maggie said.
"3rd," I said drinking it. There was a knock at the door. I grabbed my keys and coffee and opened the door.
"Hey," I said.
"Good morning," Owen said, "ready?"
"Yeah, bye Maggie," I said.
"Bye," she said. I drank my last cup of coffee and I was still tired as hell.