Chapter 48

AMELIAS POV
There was so much blood. I looked at Owen.
"Owen I'm going to pass out, theres too much blood," I said holding his hand.
"Just try to stay with me please," he said. My leg was stinging. It hurt so badly. I wanted to pass out. I wanted to get out of the pain. I closed my eyes.
OWENS POV
Amelia fainted. I held her hand. We were almost at the hospital. Her leg was gushing blood. She's going to lose too much blood. We pulled into the hospital. The doors flung open and the paramedics got her out. Maggie was standing outside.
"Oh my god what happened?" She asked.
"Someone tried to kill her," I said, "she got shot."
"Did you get the person?" She asked.
"No," I said and kicked the ground.
"Want me to go find and check on her?" She said.
"Please," I said. I walked in holding Derek. I saw Riggs.he was sitting down with coffee and his phone. I sat down next to him.
"Hey man," he said.
"Amelia got shot," I said.
"I know, but Kepner's got her and Bailey, she's going to be fine," he said.
"I hope," I said. Derek looked at Riggs.
"Cute little guy," Riggs said looking at Derek.
"Derek," I said, "This is Uncle Riggs."
"You want me to be around your kid?" He asked.
"It would mean a lot to Amelia that we got along," I said.
"Aha," he said, "can I hold him?"
"Yeah sure," I played him in his arms.
"You think he'll have red or brown hair?" He asked.
"Not sure, but he has Amelia's eyes," I said. Three doctors ran past.
"Doctor Shepherd got shot," one of them said.
"Someone said it's really bad," another said.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Nathan asked. He handed Derek back.
"The man killed her father," I said. He said there, unable to say anything.
-
Amelia was still in surgery and Riggs had work to do. Derek and I just hung out in the waiting room. April came out. I got up.
"Hey April," I said.
"She's okay," she smiled. I have her a quick hug.
"Thank you," I said. She showed me her room. She was sitting up checking her phone. I knocked on the door. She looked up with tears in her eyes.
"Hey," she said, "you can come in."
I came in and closed the door. Her leg was in a bandage. She reached for my hand.
"It still hurts," she paused, "everything, everything hurts. Everything. The universe is against me, and the only reason that I haven't done drugs is you. And I thank you for that bc on my good days you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And Derek. I was so scared that he wouldn't live like my last kid. The universe hates me. I miss everyone," she said. She broke into tears. She moved over in the bed and patted a spot. I handed her Derek. She cradled him in her arms. I sat next to her.
"Today was 22 years without my dad," she said. I kissed her head.
"I'm sorry," I said.
"My mom hates me," she quietly. We both sat there. She cried into my shoulder.
"Thank you for being in my life, because if you weren't, I don't know where I would be. I'd probably be dead, or in some sober class. The reason I'm alive is you."