Chapter 5

AMELIAS POV
My shift was finally over and Owen met me in the lobby. I had Bailey, Zola, and Ellis.
"Uncle Owen!" Zola said.
"Uncle Owen is gonna come over with me and we're gonna have a fun time!" I said energetically. I carried Ellis and Bailey, and Zola held Owens hand. I got them all in the backseat. It was already 7pm. When we got inside and I put Ellis in her crib. I went downstairs. Bailey was already playing with his trains.
"Aunt Amelia! Come play with us!!" He said.
"Okay," I sat down next to him and we played with his trains for a while and Zola played with her dolls next to me. Owen was so cute with Bailey.
"Aunt Amelia can we all have a sleepover?" Zola asked. I looked over at Owen. He nodded.
"Sure, let's go put our pajamas on!" I picked both of them up.
"I'll be right back," I said to Owen.
"Okay," he said. They put on their pajamas and brushed their teeth.
"I'm tired," Bailey said. I lifted him up and he closed his eyes. I held Zolas hand as we walked down he stairs. Both Zola and Bailey fell asleep in my lap. I smiled at Owen.
-
It was almost 11pm and I was so tired. I leaned into Owen and fell asleep.
OWENS POV
Amelia is so cute with Meredith's kids. She leaned into me and fell asleep. I kissed her head but she was already passed out.
AMELIAS POV
I woke up around 7 with Bailey and Zola on my. They're so cute. Mer was in the kitchen.
"Morning," she said, "thanks for watching them."
"My pleasure," I said. I moved Bailey and Zola off me and walked into the kitchen. I made a cup of coffee.
"Is it wrong to date someone after Derek," she said quietly.
"No," I said.
"Okay," she said sipping her coffee.
"Riggs?" I asked. She looked up from her coffee and looked at me.
"I don't know," she said quietly,"I miss Derek."
"Me too," I said.
"So is it that obvious I like Nathan?" She said.
"Ooo Nathan," I said.
"Stop it!" She hit my arm.
"Okay sorry," I laughed, "it's really not that noticeable."
"Derek would have loved Nathan," she said putting her head down.
"Hey I'm going to tell you a story," I said.
"Amelia I don't like stories," she said.
"Mer," I said, she sat up and looked at me, "okay so... back when I did drugs, one time my boyfriend and I did a lot of different drugs all in one night, and I woke up he next morning but he didn't. We both OD'd and he had died. I know how you feel about Derek, and I know it's hard but I've found Owen and I'm not saying Riggs is ur Owen but you can move on and it will be okay."
"It will be okay?" she said.
"Yes," I hugged her.
"I want Derek," she cried.
"Me too," I cried. We stood there hugging each other and crying. We heard Bailey and Zola get up. We whipped our tears and looked towards them.
"Mommy! Aunt Amelia! What's wrong?" Zola asked.
"Oh nothing, we got something in our eye," Meredith said.
"Yeah, nothing's wrong," I said.
"I'm gonna go with the kids, will I see you later?" She asked.
"Not sure," I said.
"I love you," she said.
"That's new, love you too Mer," I smiled. She smiled back. I hugged her good bye. She walked out the door and her car pulled out. I closed the door and looked back at Owen. I sat next to him and rubbed his cheek.
"Good morning Owen," I said softly, "wake up." He opened his eyes and smiled at me.
"Good morning gorgeous," he said kissing me, "where's Bailey and Zola?"
"Mer left with them and Ellis for work," I said smiling.
"So nobody's home?" He smiled.
"Nobody's home," I said. He kissed me and pulled a blanket over us. I giggled and lifted his shirt. He kissed me passionately. He started to lift my shirt. We heard the front door open.
"Omg! I'm sorry I didn't see anything," Maggie said.
"It's alright Mags we were just leaving," I said sitting up.
"Okay," she said. Owen out his shirt on. "I'll see you later Maggie."
"Okay, sorry again," she said. Owen closed the door. I can never get any alone time with the man I love.