Chapter 10

AMELIAS POV
"So do I," he said wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into his chest and started crying.
"It's not fair," I cried harder. He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I felt sick again. I pushed off his chest and ran to the bathroom. I threw up a few times. I looked in the mirror and tears started flowing. My one sibling who has protected me through everything is gone. He protected me when my dad died, when Ryan died, and through everything else. I opened the door and Owen was standing on he other side.
"Come here," he said opening his arms. I started sobbing me hugged him. He carried me to bed.
OWENS POV
Amelia's having a rough night. She won't stop crying about Derek.
"Owen I miss him," she cried. I pulled her on top of me. I rubbed her back and kissed her head.
-
Amelia finally fell asleep. I rested my hands on her back and tried to fall asleep.
AMELIAS POV
I woke up around 7am. Owen was still asleep. I rolled off him and got out of bed. I made a cup of coffee and sat the the table. I kept thinking of Derek. I felt fine but I couldn't go to work. I heard Owen get up. He walked into the kitchen without a shirt on. Gosh he's so hot.
"Well good morning," I said getting up.
"Morning," he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he picked me up. He walked over to the bed and laid me down.
"Owen hunt you're so goddamn hot," I smiled. He got on top of me and kissed me. I giggled and wrapped my legs around his waist. He moved his hands under my shirt.
"Oh my god I love you," I said in his ear.
"I love you more," he said back.
-
I laid next to Owen under the covers.
"That was amazing," I climbed on top of him and kissed him again.
"I love you," he said.
His pager started going off. He got up and got dressed.
"Can I please go to work with you?" I sat up and put a shirt on.
"No," he said kissing my head.
"Please," I begged him. I got up and hugged his waist.
"No Amelia," he lifted my chin and kissed my lips.
"Ugh," I leaned into him. I felt sick again. I pushed past him and threw up in the bathroom
again.
"Nooooo," I got up and looked at Owen.
"How about I take you to the hospital to get checked but no work and I mean it," he said.
"Okay," I hugged him, "guess I should get dressed." I laughed. I got dressed and Owen brushed his teeth. We got in the truck and he started driving. Someone ran a red light. My whole life went into slow motion. Owen stopped short and put his arm across me. The other car hit up and glass was everywhere. Our car tipped and I think Owen blacked out.
"Owen!" I yelled. I felt a pulse, "Owen, Owen, Owen!" I got no response. I couldn't get to my phone and Owens was in his far pocket. An ambulance pulled up so I'm assuming someone called.
MEREDITH'S POV
There was a really bad car accident. The ambulances we pulling in now. They opened the first door and they pulled the stretcher out. I looked up and Amelia came out. Owen was on the stretcher. Amelia was in shock. I ran up to her and she hugged me tight.
"Amelia what happened?" I asked.
"I-I we.." she was in shock.
"Come with me," I put my arm around her.
"Don't let him die, please," she begged. I hugged her tightly.
"Let's get you cleaned up," I said. April came out.
"Okay what do we have- oh my god Amelia!" April came up and helped me get Amelia inside. They rushed Owen in. April and I cleaned Amelia up and I offered to stay with her.
"Do I need surgery?" She asked.
"No, but I need to get the glass out of you," I said.
"That's going to hurt right," she looked at me.
"It could," I said. I grabbed a tool tray and started pulling at the glass.
"Fuck ow," she said.
"Okay it's going to hurt, just don't think about it," I said.
"Not that easy Mer," she said.
"Okay are you ready?" I asked. I pulled at another piece of glass. She winced.
"Can't you like put me under anesthesia?" she asked.
"It will be quick okay," I said.
"Can you do the small pieces first?" she asked.
"I am doing the small pieces," I said.
"Fuck," she looked at me.
"Language Amelia Shepherd," I laughed. Maggie came down the stairs.
"Amelia!" She ran over to us, "oh my god what happened?"
"You know that car crash?" She asked.
"Yeah, oh my god!" Maggie put a hand over her mouth.
"Please just get the glass out," Amelia begged.
"Okay, I'm trying," I said. I tried again and Amelia bit her lip.
"Okay I got one piece out," I said.
"How many more?" She asked.
"Um.. like 5," I said.
"It hurts like hell Mer," she said, "let Maggie try she's probably more gentle."
"That's true," Maggie said. We all laughed. Maggie started pulling out a piece.
"Ow ow ow ow," she said.
"It's almost all out," Maggie said.
AMELIA'S POV
"It's almost all out," Maggie said. I grabbed the side of the hospital bed.
"Just get it all out," I said. My mind kept racing. She pulled out the last piece. It hurt so bad.
"Ow Maggie," I put my hand to my head.
"It's bleeding don't touch," Meredith said. She put a few bandages on my head.
"Okay you're all good," Maggie said.
"Where's Owen?" I asked. Maggie and Meredith looked at each other.
"He's in surgery," Meredith said. I put my face in my hands.
"Let's get your mind off things and go eat okay?" Maggie said. I got up and walked with them. We sat together at a table and I wasn't hungry.
"Amelia you have to eat," Mer said.
"I'm not hungry," I said.
"Drink something at least," Maggie said. I took a sip of my water and looked at the ground. Nathan Riggs walked past.
"Hey how did last night go?" I looked at Mer.
"It was good," she said.
"How about you Maggie? DeLuca?" I said.
"He's fine," Maggie said.
"Can you tell me where Owen is," I said.
"Amelia he's in surgery," Maggie said.
"Can you tell me when he's out," I said.
"Yes," Meredith said. I put my head in my hands and cried. Maggie and Meredith out their arms around me.
"He'll be okay," Maggie said. I sat there silently.
"Hey want to go see Bailey and Zola?" Meredith asked. I nodded. I went upstairs with them. Mer opened the door to the daycare and we found Zola and Bailey. I lifted Bailey up and hugged him.
"Hi aunt Amelia!" He said.
"Hi Bailey," I said and kissed his head.
"Aunt Amelia!" Zola said as she ran up to me. I hugged her tightly.
"Hi Zola," I said.
"Why are you sad?" Bailey asked.
"I'm just having a poopy day," I said. Bailey giggled.
"You said poopy!" He said.
"I did!" I smiled at him. I put him down and picked Zola up.
"You said poopy," she laughed. I stuck my tongue at her. She laughed. I played with them for a while. Meredith came and sat next to me as I was playing with Bailey.
"They have an update on Owen," she whispered in my ear. I said goodbye to them. She took me outside.
"Is he dead," I said quietly.
"No," Mer said. I hugged her tightly.
"He had a piece of glass go into his heart, but Maggie is working on that now, and he broke his leg, but Callie took care of that, and Edwards is taking care of CT scans because he might have a brain bleed," she said.
"Let me do it!" I said.
"Amelia you can't, hospital policy," she said, "and aren't you still sick?"
"Yeah," I said, "thanks for the update."
She hugged me tightly. I cried hard.
"Every man I ever loved has died, I can't loose Owen too," I sobbed.
"Oh Amelia," Mer looked at me.
-
It's been hours. I have no idea what time we came in here. Mer had to go check up on a patient. I was sitting in the waiting room in the corner. Riggs came and sat down next to me.
"Hey," he said.
"Hi," I gave him a small wave.
"He'll be okay," he said.
"I hope," I said.
"I mean you probably hate me so I'll go," he said.
"you can stay, I don't hate you," I said.
"You don't?" He asked.
"I don't think what happened to Megan was your fault," I said.
"Appreciate it," he said.
"No problem," I said, "so you and Meredith?"
"That's why you wanted me to stay over here," he laughed.
"Yeah pretty much," I laughed.