Chapter 29

AMELIAS POV
I laid on my back next to Owen.
"Owen?" I said.
"Yeah?" He ran his fingers through my hair.
"I miss Derek," I said with tears running down my face. I sat up and leaned against the wall. I looked down at Owen.
"I know honey," he rubbed my leg. I started crying.
"Stupid hormones," I said looking at him. He pulled me into him and held me close.
"They're not stupid," he said kissing me, "I still miss Meagan."
"I know," I said.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I said.
-
My shift was over and I opened the door to Owen's office.
"Keys?" I asked sitting down.
"You're cute," he smiled. I smiled.
"Can you wait like 20 minutes? I'll be done," he said.
"Yeah sure," I said. He typed something on his computer and finished up a couple charts. He got up and closed his computer and grabbed my hand. He pulled me into him and kissed my cheek.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said. We changed and we walked out and Mer ran up to me frantically.
"Can you watch the kids?? Please just this once they're in daycare I'm sorry for the short notice," she said frantically.
"Of course I can," I said reassuringly.
"Thank you so much I love you," she said hugging me.
"Love you too, no problem," I said. We grabbed Owen's hand and we went up to daycare. We got the kids.
-
I put the kids to bed and Owen was lounging on the couch. I crawled next to him.
"Hey," I said softly kissing his cheek.
"You're gonna be such a cute mom," he smiled. I laid into him and closed my eyes. He moved his arm around me and I cuddled into him.
-
"Amelia?" Owen whispered.
"Mhm?" I mumbled.
"Hey Bailey keeps asking for you," he whispered in my ear.
"Okay," I said opening my eyes. I got up and went upstairs.
"Bailey?" I said.
"Aunt Amelia!" He said. I picked him up.
"What's up bud?" I said.
"I want mommy, but Owen said he wasn't home," he said.
"She's not, but if you go to sleep, when you wake up she'll be here!" I said kissing his head.
"Okay, will you tuck me in?" He said.
"Of course I will," I smiled and tucked him and kissed his head.
"Night night Bailey," I said.
"Goodnight," I said closing his door. I turned the corner and Owen was standing in the hallway smiling.
"What?" I said pushing my hair behind my ear. He stepped forward and kissed me softly.
"You're so cute with kids," he said. I kissed him back and he wrapped his arms around my back. I leaned into his shoulder.
"I'm tired," I said softly.
"Okay," he said. We laid down on the couch together. I laid my head on his chest as he watched TV. He rubbed my back slowly and leaned down the kissed my head. I put my hand and head on his chest and closed my eyes.
OWENS POV
Amelia fell asleep on my chest. She was so cute. She's going to be such an amazing mother, she's just so great with Meredith's kids. I'm so lucky to have her.
"Owen?" she said sleepily.
"Yeah honey?" I said.
"what time is it?" she mumbled.
"Late, go to bed honey," I said.
"Okay," she fell asleep on me. I love her so freakin much.