Chapter 24

AMELIAS POV
I got to work and I had a surgery. It was a 4 hour surgery. Edwards prepped and I scrubbed. Owen came in.
"Hey," I said.
"You can't start this surgery," he said. I had the scalpel in my hand.
"Why?" I said.
"Lockdown," he said. I put the scalpel down and looked at Edwards.
"Let's get her out of here," I said pushing her out and rushing her to her room. I closed the door and Edwards turned to me.
"Lockdown?" She asked.
"It's probably a drill," I said.
"He seemed serious," she said. Mer walked by.
"What are we supposed to do in a lockdown?" Mer asked.
"No idea probably hide if it's serious," I said. Nobody was in the halls. I heard a gun shot. I looked at Mer.
"Hide," she said. We ran into the closest closet. Edwards locked the door. There was another gunshot. My phone buzzed. It was Owen.
O-Owen
A-Amelia

O: where are you??????
A: supply closet on floor 2
O: which one
A: I don't know
O: you have no idea I'm worried
A: the one next to the nurses desk I think
O: okay
A: where are you?
O: office
We blocked the door and sat on the ground to avoid being seen in the window. We heard footsteps on the other side. Mer looked at me. I heard the footsteps go away. There was a knock at the door. Mer's face went white. My phone buzzed.
O: open the door
A: ok
I opened the door and Owen came in and locked the door behind him. I wrapped my arms around him.
"I love you," he kissed my head.
"Love you too," I said. There was another gunshot. We sat down by Mer and Edwards.
"Are police coming?" Edwards asked.
"Yeah I think they're outside," Owen said.
"Is anyone dead?" I asked. He looked at me. I knew someone was dead.
"Who's dead?" Mer asked.
"Reed and Percy," he said.
"Oh my god," I said.
"Do you know who the shooter is?" Edwards asked.
"No," he said. He put his arm around me. Footsteps came closer. My heart skipped a beat. I grabbed Owen's hand. Someone twisted the door handle. Thank god we locked it. They banged on the door. Owen pulled me close to him.
"I love you," he whispered in my ear. I was to scared to say anything.
POLICE POV
We got a call on a hospital shooting. Some mad man inside. We have people surrounding the perimeter of the hospital. We need to go in now. We charged in and spotted the man.
"Hands up!" One of us shouted. He wouldn't drop the gun. He held the gun to his head. We stepped forward and we saw more of us coming in behind. Someone tackled him to the ground and we dragged him out.
AMELIAS POV
We heard a lot of commotion outside. Owen got up. He helped me up and opened the door. The man was dragged out. Owen grabbed my arm. There was blood stains on the ground.
"Oh my god," I said. People died today. 2 of us died today. I looked up at Owen and kissed his cheek.