Chapter 31

OWENS POV
I woke up and Amelia was in the kitchen. I looked at the clock. It was 5am. I think she was making coffee.
"Amelia?" I said rolling over.
"Yeah?" She asked.
"Can you make me coffee?" I asked. She walked out with two cups and smiled at me.
"One step ahead of you," she said. I moved over and she sat down. She turned the TV on put her head on my shoulder. She put her hand on her stomach.
"We're gonna be cute parents," she said.
"We are," I said. Bailey came running down and stairs and sat next to Amelia.
"Morning buddy," she said hugging him.
"Hi," he said. He crawled into Amelia's lap. She's so cute with kids. I know she's going to be a great mom.
AMELIAS POV
Bailey crawled into my lap.
"Is mommy home?" He asked looking up at me. I heard a car door slam.
"It could be," I smiled. Meredith opened the door and Bailey bolted.
"Hey buddy!" She said picking him up. She looked exhausted.
"Hey guys, so sorry work took so long," she said.
"It was no problem," I said.
"They good?" She asked.
"Of course they were," I said. She hugged me.
"Thank you so much you have no idea," she said.
"You're welcome," I said. Owens phone rang.
"Work. I'll be right back," Owen said.
"Okay," I said. Meredith out Bailey down.
"You working today?" She asked.
"7-4, quick day," I said.
"Wanna come over later?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said. She yawned.
"Is that coffee?" She asked looking at my cup.
"Want it?" I laughed.
"Sure," she said drinking the rest. Owen came back out.
"I'll see you later okay?" He said kissing my head.
"Okay, is everything alright?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine I just gotta clear my head," he said.
"Okay," I said and gave him a sympathetic look. He left and I turned to Mer.
"What could that be about?" I asked.
"I don't know," she said. I could tell she was lying.
"What is it?" I asked.
"It's for him to tell not me," she said.
"Fine," I said. I sat down and looked at her.
"Is it bad," I asked.
"I'm not going to say anything," she said.
"Can I have your keys I need to find him," I said.
"Sure," she said.
"I'll see you later okay?" I said.
"Okay," she said.
-
I got to work and ran in. I ran up to Owen's office. I opened the door and he looked up.
"Amelia," he said. I sat down.
"What's going on?" I said.
"The army called," he said.
"That doesn't mean-" I stopped myself. I looked at him. I tried to see hope in his face.
"It does," he said, "I have to go for 3 weeks."
"Owen," I said grabbing his hand.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I said, "when are you leaving?"
"Next week," he said. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. I just looked at him. I wanted to cry. I got up and closed his door. I walked down the hall.
"Shepherd what's wrong?" Nathan said. I turned around.
"I'm fine," I said.
"No you're not," he said.
"I will be," I said walking down the hall. I walked into an empty on call room. I laid down on one of the beds. I stared at the ceiling. I put my hands over my face. Someone opened the door.
"Amelia?" Owen said. I rolled over. I felt him sit next to me and rub my back.
"I'm really sorry," he said.
"It's not your fault," I said rolling over and facing him.
"I don't wanna go," he said quietly.
"I don't want you to go either," I said. I grabbed his hand. I wanted to cry. I hugged him tightly.
"Please don't go," I said crying.
"I can't leave you," he cried. We sat there hugging each other for a while. I don't want this feeling to leave. I don't want him to leave. He rubbed my back and kissed my cheek.
"Owen I need the day off," I said.
"Okay, I'll see you at home," he said, "you need a ride?"
"I took Mer's car I'm okay," I said.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I said. I leaned in and kissed him passionately. I got up and opened the door. I changed and walked out to Mer's car.
MEREDITHS POV
The doorbell rang. I put Bailey down and looked out the window. It was Amelia. I opened the door. She looked like she had been crying.
"You know?" I said sympathetically.
"Yes," she hugged me tightly. She started crying. I rubbed her back and she continued crying.
"It's not fair," she said.
"I know," I said.
"Aunt Amelia!! What's wrong?" Bailey said hugging her leg.
"I'm okay, I'm just a little sad," she said. I frowned at her. I got Bailey to go play upstairs. Amelia sat down on the couch. I sat next to her. She looked at me.
"What if he dies?" she said.
"He won't," I said.
"My child won't have a father," she said.
"It will all be okay, he's not going to die, and it's only for 3 weeks," I said. She leaned back and sighed. We both sat there for a while. She finally said something.
"I love him," she said quietly.
"I know," I said.
OWENS POV
-
I know Amelia is at Meredith's I got in the truck and drove over there. I knocked on the door. Meredith opened the door.
"Thank god you're here," she said.
"Why what's wrong?" I said.
"She missed you a lot," she said. I walked over to the couch where Amelia was. She rolled over and looked up at me. She smiled.
"Hey," she said. She reached her arm out for my hand. I grabbed it and sat down next to her. She leaned in and kissed me. I can't leave her. She's the love of my life. I can't be without her, I can't function without her. She's my everything.