Chapter 45

AMELIAS POV
Owen and I are so excited that we can go home with Derek today. I signed the discharge papers. I got up and Owen grabbed my hand. He pulled me into a hug. Derek started to cry. I walked over to where he was laying and picked him up. I cradled him in my arms.
"Morning little guy," I said. He stopped crying.
"Wanna say hi to daddy?" I asked and walked over to Owen. He smiled at me.
"Hey buddy," he said taking him from my arms. I watched him hold and talk to Derek. He was so cute.
-
Derek fell asleep in the car. We got home and I opened the car door and unbuckled Derek from his car seat. I brought him in and tucked him into his crib in our room. I kissed his tiny forehead. I felt Owens arms go around my waist.
"I'm tired," I said.
"You're a cute mom," he whispered.
"You're a cute dad," I said.
"Wanna get some sleep,"he asked.
"Yes before Derek gets up," I said. We walked over to the bed and I flopped down. He laid down next to me and rubbed my back. I rolled over and looked at him.
"Were parents," I smiled.
"We are," he kissed my lips softly. I broke the kiss and cuddled into him. We cuddled until I fell asleep in his arms.
OWENS POV
Amelia fell asleep in my arms. I looked down at her and looked over at Derek. I got so lucky with them. Derek started crying.
"Derek mommy is sleeping," she said into my chest.
"I got him," I said.
"Bring him over here," she said. I got up and picked up Derek and she sat up. She held her arms out and I placed Derek in her arms. She cradled him back and forth. I put my arm around her and kissed her head. Derek continued crying.
"Don't cry," she said hugging Derek. He cried a little more. Amelia rocked him back and forth and sang him a lullaby. I didn't know she could sing. I watched her lips sing the words and he beautiful voice fill the room. Derek eventually fell back asleep.
"Didn't know you can sing," I smiled.
"That's because I can't," she laughed.
"Yes you can, you have a beautiful voice," I said.
"Thanks honey," she smiled.

IM GOING ON VACATION SO I WONT BE UPDATING FOR A FEW DAYS SORRY