Chapter 13

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Honey asked me while blowing on my nails to dry them.

"Uh no. I've never had one."
I was always told that men were evil and would always let you down which put me off the idea of having a boyfriend completely.

"Oooh so you're into girls?" She suggested giving me a little smirk.

"Um, I haven't been proper friends with one before."

"I've had my fair share of experiences with both boys and girls. People don't expect it from me you see." She had a proud grin plastered across her face and I gave her a shy smile in return.

"You know what? I think I'm bi sexual." She suddenly exclaimed, frowning and thinking for a second before going back to her cheerful self.

"What's that?"

"You don't know what bi is?" She looked a little stunned and sorry for me.

"Uuuuuuuh no." I replied bluntly.

"Well basically it's when you like both girls and boys." She blew on my nails one last time before letting my hands go.

"Oh I like boys and girls. So does that mean I'm bi sexual?"

She hadn't explained that being in a relationship was involved so I was oblivious to the true meaning.

"Yeah I guess." She shrugged and put the nail polishes back in her bag.

                           ***

"So how do you know where this place is? Duff said it was top secret."

We were sitting on the sofa watching a movie that she had brought over. It was really funny. I didn't actually understand the jokes so I just laughed when she did.

"Oh, you know Steven. Things slip from his mouth." She stuffed some more of her wierd looking snacks into her mouth and laughed at a women stumbling around in high heels.

"What are you eating?" I asked while inspecting the odd looking packaging.

"These are pumpkin seed and honey balls. I'm a vegan so yeah this is what I live off." She bit into another one and crunched the seeds in her mouth.

"What's a vegan?"

"Do you even go outside?"

"Uh yeah."

I was a bit confused by her question. I used to go outside all the time.

"But, like,why don't you know anything?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I do know some things. Like all the rock species. There's gabbro, andesite, pegmatite, basalt, pumice, porphyry, obsid-"
She cut me off before I could continue.

"Yeah but like do you know stuff about sex and love and music and food and you know, normal things?"

"I know what food and music and love are." I felt a little insulted that she thought I was stupid.

"So you don't know what sex is?" She moved a little closer to me, the leather sofa squeaked as she shuffled along.

"No not really. No one told me." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Oh my god. I'm so excited to tell you everything!" She lept up suddenly and held her hand out for me to take.
"Come with me!"
I grabbed her hand and she hauled me from the sofa with a tug.

I followed her down the corridor and into someone's room.
She started searching around in the cupboards and drawers, muttering to herself as she scurried around.