Ch.14

Alex sat at the table, staring at Conner and Red thoughtfully. They explained everything to her. She felt so guilty, making them go through all that just to find her. A little part of her still felt annoyed, but she tried to hide it as hard as she could. It wasn't right for her to feel that way, they had traveled through worlds to find her. 

Conner stared at Alex, a small smile on his face. He had finally found his sister. Sure, it was a little awkward, but the love was strong in the room.

Red stared at Conner and Alex, completely confused. It was as if they were sensing stuff in their minds. Red tried to do the same, but ended up looking like she had seen a ghost.

"You know," Alex said, "Mother Goose should be back soon."

Just as Alex said that, a startled Mother Goose ran into the room. "Alex, Alex! When I was coming back I passed soldiers on horses. After they saw me they started chasing after me. I had to get away. Do you think they're looking for you?"

"Oh no!" Alex shrieked. "Arthur! We have to get away,"  she told Conner and Red, and grabbed the dress from MG's hand. "Thanks, Mother Goose!" 

"Okay, you youngins run away. I'll go find Merlin and tell him what's going on," Mother Goose said. She ran out of the cave and disappeared behind the massive trees.

Alex sighed. She hated the feeling of living on edge. This is what Goldilocks and Jack must feel like, she thought to herself. It was the only way she would survive under cover, however. "Conner, Red, go out back towards the stables. You'll ride on Lester, I'll ride on Cornelius." she instructed her friends. 

Conner and Red nodded, and ran towards the hallway and out back.

 Alex found her backpack and stuffed her dress in it. She scanned the room until she found her stack of books. She carefully took three out of the pile and stuffed them in her bag. She ran to the kitchen and threw in three apples and two bottles of water. 

"This should be enough," Alex muttered, and ran behind Conner and Red.

When she got there, Conner and Red had just mounted on a squawking Lester. "Come on, Alex! I think I hear the guards," Red shouted at her. 

Alex's heart pounded, because; she heard them too. It sounded like a lot of soldiers, hundreds maybe. 

Alex hopped onto Cornelius' back and grabbed her wand out of her pocket. ZAP!  Cornelius floated in the air. Alex smiled. She had created a flying potion a few days ago, and it worked perfectly on Cornelius. He was now a unicorn, and a Pegasus! 

"Fly, Lester, fly!" Red shrieked, and Lester squawked. 

Cornelius flew in the air beside Lester, and the two friends shared something that looked like a smile.

Alex looked down to see that the guards had stopped to stare at the sky. Even if she was high in the air, she could hear the shout of the head guard, "Capture them!"

A loud bang sounded and that's when Alex realized that they were shooting bullets towards the sky at them!

"Oh no!" Red cried out in horror. "What if they shoot us, or Lester and Cornelius?" 

Lester squawked and tried to buck Conner and Red out of his saddle. Cornelius made a sad sound, and Alex petted him on the head. 

"Don't listen to her, guys," Alex said softly to Cornelius and Lester. "And Red," she turned to her friend. "Stop that, you're scaring them!" 

Red rolled her eyes. "Aw, come on! I don't want to die here,"

Conner nodded, his eyes wide. "We have to land somewhere." He said.

"No!" Alex cried. "They'll find us."

"What's so bad about being found?" Conner and Red asked in unison.

Alex gave  them a look that screamed ''are you serious'' 

"Oh right," Red said, just as Conner said, "You have to face your fears, Alex. You can't keep running forever." 

"Fine," Alex said suddenly. "I'm ready to land." She whipped the reins on Cornelius's back, and he swiveled and flew down.

 Lester followed shortly after, once he realized what they were doing. 

"They're landing!" Cried a shout from below. "Lower your guns, men! Prince Arthur told us to bring them to him unharmed."

Alex let Cornelius land in a patch in a clearing down below. Lester landed beside Cornelius, and they got ready to surrender. 

"Stop there!" Cried the same voice. "Here we are," The voice said, and Alex looked up to see the head guard dismounting his horse.

"Are you Alexandra Bailey?" Asked the guard. He wore tight pants and had the national colors of Camelot on his suit jacket. He was official, all right. 

"Who's asking?" Alex snapped, glaring daggers at the guard. She had to keep her guard up, or they would see through her mask. She didn't want to show that she didn't want to see Arthur. Her heart pounded in her chest, getting sweaty just thinking about it. 

The guard laughed. "Sir Condon of the Royal Guard," Sir Condon said, and the other guards behind him chuckled as well. "Surrender or we will be forced to take action." 

Alex rolled her eyes, not intimidated by the guard. He was just a cocky 19 year old, he didn't have any authority here. "I surrender," she muttered, putting her hands up. 

"Good," Sir Condo said. "Now follow me. We have special orders from the prince,"