Ch.41

Alex watched as the scene played out in front of her. The Lady of the Lake lifted Arthur from his cage. She strained her hands, and blue sparks pierced through them. A lightning bolt.

With one thrust, Arthur was struck by lightning, and you could hear his scream of terror from anywhere in Camelot. He tumbled from the rising lake and fell unconscious.

Conner, Red, and Morina rushed towards him and dragged him out from the water before he fell in fully. The Lady of the Lake cackled from her place above the lake.

"We'll be back soon!" Morina yelled and they carried him away, back to the cottage for treatment. He was in a state of trauma, as well if he had bruises.

Merlin was lifted off the ground and up into that very same cage Arthur was trapped in a few moments earlier.

Alex felt bile rise in her throat as she watched. She knew The Fairy Council wanted to use their magic to get him back, but they couldn't. They had made a deal, and fairies-well, they never broke their promises.

Mother Goose followed after them, tears still in her eyes. Alex felt truly sorry for her.

"I know how to treat Arthur's wounds," she said. "Let me come, please! I can't watch this any longer!" and they let her come, just like that.

Alex needed to get her magic back somehow. It didn't matter if it was dark magic, or if she needed to search for hours to find a potion to bring her magic back.

"I need to go," Alex told Bree quietly. She didn't want The Fairy Council to hear. She didn't want it to seem as if she was bailing on them.

Bree narrowed her eyes at her friend. "What do you mean? You can't go! You need to help us, Alex! This is already bad as it is, without you, who knows what could happen?"

"I can't stay, Bree," Alex said. "I need to get my magic back somehow, and that's not going to happen while I'm standing here."

Bree pressed her lips into a thin line. She watched in frustration as Alex walked away. "Alex, no! You can't leave me here!"

"I'm sorry!" Alex called. "I have to do this!"

She ran back to the cottage and met up with Conner, Red, Morina and Mother Goose.

"Mother Goose, I need to ask you a question about Camelot." she said. She didn't dare look at Conner, Red and Morina, who were treating Arthur's wounds in the back of the cottage.

"What-Alex you should be back at the lake! They need your help! You're the most powerful with your magic!" Mother Goose commanded, shaking your head. "Merlin needs you."

"No!" Alex exploded. "You don't understand, Mother Goose. I lost my magic. I was almost drowned in the lake. And lake water is poison to fairies with white magic."

Mother Goose was silent. "Okay, fine." she finally said. "What's your question?"

"Are there any other...white magic fairies in Camelot?" Alex asked.

"Not that I know of..." Mother Goose trailed off, thinking. "Wait, yes, there is! Her name is Minerva, the good witch? She lives just a few miles from here, actually. It will only take you a few minutes to reach her. Why?"

"I need her help to retrieve my magic." Alex explained.

"Okay-I can give you directions if you want."

"No," Alex tried to convince Mother Goose. "I'm fine, it's fine. I can find her on my own. You need to save Arthur, make sure he's alright."

Mother Goose nodded. She knew that was for the best. "Alright, good luck Alex." she patted Alex on the shoulder and walked towards the back of the cottage.

Alex nodded. "I'm going to need that," she murmured, and with that, she walked right out of that cottage and towards Minerva's house. Whatever she had to do, she was going to get her magic back. She wasn't going to let anyone else get hurt, that was for sure.

****

"Bree?!" Emerelda cried, stomping towards her. "Where's Alex?"

Bree didn't get to answer her question. "EMERELDA WATCH OUT!" Bree shouted, watching as a gush of water drenched Emerelda.

The Lady of the Lake wasn't wasting anymore time. She had what she wanted, or rather 'who', and she was going to go down with a fight. She began to strain her hands, a calling of magic.

Blue sparks pierced out of her hands like waves. It was a lightning bolt, which she was able to summon from the sky above. In one strike, that someone would be dead.

Emerelda, however, saw the lightning bolt coming her way just in time. She raised her wand and summoned a tornado. She did a whip with her wand and blasted the tornado in The Lady of the Lake's direction. The tornado transformed into a whirlpool, and Guinevere began to spin around and around.

"Help me!" she shouted at The Lady of the Lake, but Nimue didn't hear her. "Help me, Nimue! HELP!"

"No," Nimue barked once she finally heard her. "I'M NOT GOING TO HELP YOU!" the sudden surge in her voice almost knocked Guinevere down into the lake.

The Lady of the Lake summoned more lightning. She cracked her hands and whipped them towards The Fairy Council, but just so happened to bounce off their wands and hit someone stuck in a cage instead...