Lost

Just warning you before it starts, I didn't feel like drawing a scene from this story, so I am just going to post it without one.  But if there is any scenes that you'd like to have me draw, I can do it and post it later.  (The first drawing I did was horrible, so I kinda just crumpled it up and threw it away O.O)

Another ??? POV

The cave was almost never ending, winding and twisting forever. I had passed at least three crossroads, and I didn't think I was any closer to the surface.

"Go exploring in the cave, they said. It'll be fun, they said." I muttered to myself. "What a joke." I stepped around a pool of water, slipping a little.

I tapped the screen of my phone again, shining the flashlight around the cave. I had only been down here for two hours, but it had already seemed like a lifetime. My friends had asked me to go into Hanging Cave on a dare. They said that I only had to go down halfway if I got too scared, but I decided to go the the bottom. Bragging rights always gave me power in my friend group. But as I descended, I must have taken a wrong turn, because I was suddenly lost, and there was no way for me to call for help. My phone had no cell coverage down here.

I jumped up as I startled a couple bats from their resting places on the ceiling. They squeaked and flapped off. Clambering over the rubble of a broken stalactite, I saw my phone's glow reflect off of yet another fork in the path. I groaned and choose the one that looked larger and sloped upwards. Those were not normally the best routes, but I didn't have much choice, now did I?

TIME TO SKIP BORING EXPLORATION SCENES!

After what seemed like forever, the cave started to get larger, walls slowly disappearing from the view of my light, and the ceiling got higher and higher. Then it dropped away entirely. I was in a new cave, one that was huge and echoey, with sounds bouncing all around; the dripping of the water, the sound of my footsteps, and the soft rush of wind blowing up against my face. Everything was amplified in this place. I couldn't see just how high the cave really was, but I could see a tiny bit of light reflecting off of the underground lake in the corner, so I had a little more light to see by.

Looking up, I saw that the light was coming from a massive hole in the ceiling, a jagged crater ripped into the aboveground world to get down here. Moonlight streamed in, reflecting off the water. I didn't realize that it was nighttime already. I must've been down here longer than I thought.

Walking into the center of the cavern, I got closer to the hole in the roof. Now that I was closer to it, I saw that there was another crater, directly below it. It was pretty fresh, a raw wound in the cave floor. Then I remembered a news article that I had seen.

Throughout the last two weeks, four meteors had all struck in random places around the town, and people had reported seeing strange anomalies around them as they fell. One rippled in an out of focus like a broken computer projection, one seemed to have visible slash marks on it, another looked like a smooth bird's egg, and the last one was a ball of smoke and dust, with what looked like lightning flickering around it.

People had journeyed to the crash sites and reported seeing no asteroid itself, as if the rock had just gotten up and walked away. This site was no different. The crater was about 5 feet wide, and almost perfectly circular. There was nothing in it aside from a couple pebbles and broken earth. As I turned away, I saw a small rock glimmer in the moonlight. I bent down to get a closer look. It was a small, jet black rock, shiny and smooth. It was pretty ordinary, unless you considered the fact that it was in the crash site of an UFO. Turning it over, I felt something engraved into it, but I couldn't see with just the moonlight. I shined the light of my phone over it.

Etched into the stone was a strange symbol: a circle with two dots inside it. (IMPORTANT AGAIN!) I knew that this wasn't normal. Rocks don't have such a precise image carved into it, especially ones in the middle of a forgotten cave.

That's when I heard the footsteps. And the heavy breathing. It was clearly something tired, and the echoey space made everything seem louder. I didn't know where it was coming from. Not knowing what to do, I sat down on the floor and became still, not moving. I turned off my phone light and didn't move an inch, hoping that the creature, whatever it was, would just leave the cave without noticing that I was there. The footsteps got closer and closer, until it sounded like they were right next to me.

That's when they were right next to me. Somebody tripped over me and crashed down, grunting. I lept to my feet and stared at it. It was hard to see, so I quickly turned the light on, blinding it as it turned around. I tilted my head, confused. (It was the Virginia monster from The Forest!! AHHHHH Jk lol.)

"Where the hell did it go?" The only thing that was there was a camera. A large, complicated camera with a massive lens and a lot of buttons on it. That's when it all fell apart. The camera started to move on its own. The strap that goes around your shoulder lifted, pulling up the camera. But it was attached to nothing. It was floating.

I started to freak out. There was no way this was real. I had to be dreaming. I pinched myself, but I was still here. I jabbed myself in the stomach, but that didn't work either. The camera shifted, turning in a circle. Now that I looked at it, it was almost like it was on someone, but I couldn't see them, like the person was invisible.

Then it started to float towards me. I screamed and backed up, tripping over a rock. It sped up, camera bouncing up against an invisible hip as it tried to catch up to me. Backing up even more, I tried to run, looking over my shoulder at the ghost. This was my mistake. I couldn't see in the dark, and I couldn't turn on my light. I was running right towards an underground cliff. The camera kept chasing me, and now I could hear it yelling at me. To stop. TO STOP!

But I was too terrified. The cave, the situation, the meteor, they'd all made me irrational and upset. I wouldn't listen.

I turned around and saw the cliff with the dim light of my phone, but it was too late. I tried to skid to a stop, but I had too much momentum, and I tripped over the edge. My stomach dropped, and I sized up, dropping like a deadweight down the side.

I managed to catch my foot on the cliff tip, but all it did was spin me so I was facing upwards, towards the cliff top. So I was able to see, for a split second, a bright blue and black hand shoot over the edge, reaching for me as I plummeted to my death. It's fingertips brushed my foot, but it wasn't enough to get a hold. I heard my heartbeat thudding loud in my ears. I plummeted down, almost unable to scream. I was just... falling.

Time slowed, letting me see every single detail of the rock face, and the blue and black hand that tried to save me. Bound together with bolts, it looked almost... robotic.

The thought was cut off when my leg hit a ledge jutting out from the side, snapping bones and sending me spinning. I screamed, disoriented and in pain.

I bounced off another ledge, jarring my ribcage and I felt more cracking. I spun off, seeing flashes of the stone floor, getting closer, and closer, until I turned one final time. The last thing I saw was a metallic blue and black face, glowing softly as it stared on horror at me from the top of the cliff. A camera strap was slung over it's shoulder.

Then it was all gone as my head smashed into the stone floor, excruciating pain shooting through every cell in my body. And I was dead.

AHHHHH!!!! The cliffhangers!! I just got done listening to MrCreepyPasta tell the Clockwork story, and its 10:30 at night when I wrote this and I know a lot about what bones breaking sounds like and I'm too slap happy right now to be listening to scary stories and now I'm ranting so bye.