Secrets Revealed...

Dawn's POV

I stumbled in recoil as the teleportation effects slowly faded, allowing me the opportunity to look around our new surroundings. The room was dim, and the only visible light seemed to be coming from a lone, flaming torch that was hung a little way down the large hallway. I blinked quickly, and the room brightened a little, allowing me to see where we were.

My eyes widened in awe and surprise. Every inch of available space was lined with shelves, and rows upon rows of books filled the wooden gaps. The walls were at least ten feet tall, and there were shelves from the floor to the ceiling. The hallway stretched for what seemed like forever, but there were some side routes that branched off, and a watery, dark blue light rippled on the walls across from the openings.

I turned to Bane, my eyes wide. "This is..."

"Exciting?" Bane finished hopefully, perking up a little.

".... I'm not sure what to think. You brought us here? Where even are we?"

Bane smiled. "I'll tell you in a little bit. Don't worry."

"I...I think I need to sit down."

We turned around and looked at Cory, who's face had dizziness glazing the surface of his eye."My head's still spinning," He mumbled. Bane's eyes widened. As calmly as I could, ignoring the savage pain in my stomach, I walked over to stand beside him and grabbed his shoulder, easing him slowly down into a sitting position with his back to one of the shelves.

"Erm... that isn't really supposed to happen." Bane worried her bottom lip between her teeth, showing a hint of fang. "It might be because you weren't supposed to be here in the first place. But it should pass, I'm sure of it. You'll be fine in a couple minutes," she assured.

I glanced at her with a raised metal eyebrow, wondering what she'd meant, but didn't really question it. Cory's face was pale, and he looked like he might vomit. I kept a reassuring hand on his shoulder as his head swayed back and forth, eye squeezed shut.

He took a deep breath, wincing, and slowly, most of the color returned to his cheeks. He opened his eye and blinked a few times, tilting his head one way, then another. "Okay. I think it's gone."

"You sure?" I worried. "This might be a concussion, for all we know. And you did crack at least one of your ribs."

Cory made a sour face. "Thanks for reminding me."

He clasped onto my arm and I helped him stand, ignoring the shooting pain in my stomach. I tried to do a scan of his body and take in his vitals, but a strange blue light flashed in my vision, making the scanner glitch out. Shaking my head slightly, I cleared the program, and my vision returned to normal. What is wrong with this place? I wondered, irked.

Bane came up to his other side, eager to help, but I glared at her over Cory's shoulder, still not completely trusting her after the whole "gun" incident. Cory's face was knitted into focused concentration as he struggled to stay upright. "Okay," Bane mumbled, eyes downcast and narrow. "Follow me." She motioned for us to follow her, walking slow so we could keep up. The longer we walked, the more endless this place seemed. Old books left a dusty trail in the wake of Bane's fingers, which gently glided along the shelves, watching the bluish black light ripple against the walls. Turning a corner, Cory whistled in awe as we saw what was making the strange watery illusion. A pool of blue and black essence was swirling around a hole in the floor, covered by a thick layer of slightly scuffed glass. We walked into the cavernous room and onto the glass, directly over the portal, which was speckled with white stars.

"Where does that go?" I asked, peering down into the swirling abyss.

"I'm not sure. It seems to like to reunite evil beings, though," Bane looked at the ceiling and put her hand over her heart. "R.I.P Spartacus."