The Conversation

Emma POV

Mom literally drags me into the Woodchuck Cabin and closes the door behind us. She doesn't lock it, so that's a good start.

"Sit," she says.

I do as instructed. She sits next to me and stares at me for a long time.

"How did this happen?" she asks.

"Well, umm... I guess Xander took his shorts off and-"

"That's not what I mean," mom says. "Why did you sleep with him? Are you not happy with yourself?"

"No..." I say. Then I sigh. "I went over to Grizzly Cabin to, talk to Xander, and another camper named Jason gave us a drink. I didn't trust him, but Xander said we should try it. We thought it was juice, but then after we drunk it, we became drunk, and...yeah."

"He served you alcohol?!" mom asks, obviously surprised. "Why would he do that? And why would you try it if you didn't trust him? Because your stupid boyfriend told you to?! Maybe he knew that the drink was actually alcohol!"

"Xander is not stupid mom!" I yell. "And he would, never do anything to hurt me because he loves me and I love him!"

"Well look where it got you. You're now pregnant and you're only nineteen!" she yells back.

"Maybe I want to be pregnant! And maybe and I don't need you to tell me what to do all the time! I can take care of myself!" I yell. "You're such a control freak! Have you ever thought about letting your children make their own choices?!"

"Yes! I have, actually!" mom says.

"Really?" I ask. "When was that? Because I remember that YOU forced us to go to camp against our will. And YOU made Luke come here against his will too! What kind of mother are you?!"

Mom just looks at me for a long time and says nothing. Then she sighs and says, "Pack your things."

"WHAT?!" I yell. "That's all you're gonna say? 'Pack your things'?"

"Emma, don't argue with me. This camp this turned you into a snobby teenager. And I won't tolerate that. Go pack your things. We're leaving."

I start crying. "You don't even care about how I feel. This camp has changed me. I'm a better person now. It has changed me in so many ways that you can't! All, you care about is your stupid money. You're the worst mother ever!"

Then she does it. My every own mother slaps me. I put my hand to where she hit me and ran, out of the cabin, crying.

Lou POV

I saw Emma ran out of the cabin, crying. Christina must have done something bad. This can't be good.