Cookies?

Maya's P.O.V

"Alright, it says that we still need one tear, and I never cry" Mal said mixing the batter together

The plan. Bake the love potion into the cookies, give Ben a cookie, have Ben fall in love with Mal, grab the wand and book it.

"Lets just chop up some onions" Carlos said grabbing an onion from beside me

I sat next to him with Dude in my lap, stroking him softly.

"No. It's says that we need one tear of human sadness, and this love potion gets the best reviews so, we have to follow it exactly" Mal said looking to Evie for confirmation.

"A tear's, a tear" Jay said bored

"Thats not true Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones, then a reflex tear" Evie said adding more flour to the mix

"Huh." I said smirking "The beauty does have a brain"

"Oh, hush" She said smiling. I knew she was secretly really proud of herself

"Yeah I- knew that" Jay said rolling his eyes

"Did not" Carlos said smacking him on the arm

"Yeah I did"

I was about to pipe up when the door opened to reveal some girl I've never seen before.

"There you are!" She apparently knew Mal though "I was looking for you. You know all the girl want you to do their hair"

Mal and Evie fumbled with where they were, to hide the spell book, luckily she was to oblivious to notice.

She glanced down and I thought we were busted "Midnight snack huh? What you guys makin'?"

"Nothing special" Mal said pursing her lips "Just cookies"

She then did something that almost gave me a heart attack. 

She. Ate. It.

She stuck her finger right in the bowl, then licked it clean.

Shit.

We.

Are.

So.

Busted.

We all yelled at her trying to stop her from eating it but of course she didn't listen. I jumped off the counter and stood next to Mal and Evie.

"What?" She asked totally clueless "I'm not gonna double dip."

"Feel anything?" Evie asked 

"Yeah like maybe something might be missing?" I butted in, trying not to seem to eggar 

She looked at us for a second and her expression seemed to go blank. Oh god.

Then Jay had the smart idea 'note the sarcasm' to walk up and flirt with the poor girl.

"Hey, there" He said leaning against a pipe 

She tightly smiled at him then said "Could use some chips"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, and silently thanked my lucky stars that we didn't get busted.

"Chips?" I herd Carlos question now from behind me. His strong arms wrapped around my waist from the back, and it took everything I had in me not to blush.

"And those are?" Mal said trying to look natural, but you could tell even she was relived 

"Chocolate chips" The girl said digging through the fridge "Just the most important food group" She said coming back with that chocolate stuff Carlos had earlier

Speaking of Carlos. It felt like his grip had tightened around my waist and I felt a pair of eyes on me. I slowly turned my head to see Evie having a tiny break down.

I suddenly realized how this must look to everyone else, and slowly stepped out of his grip and in the middle of Mal and Evie.

"Wait. Didn't your mom ever make you guys like chocolate chip cookies?" She asked sprinkling some into the bowl "Like, when your feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh, and puts everything into perspective and-" She stopped

My mom never did anything of the sort. Nothing even relatively close. For the love of god! The women couldn't even remember my birthday! And now....now, I'm going to have to come back to the Isle, and beat even worse than ever before, disowned, picked on by everyone else....Its never gonna be the same again. And I'm not sure I want it to be. I haven't even told Mal and Evie about what happened on the tourney field. My mother doesn't love me. And she never did....

"Why are you all staring at me like that?" She asked breaking me from my thoughts

"Its just different where we're from" Mal said resuming stirring

"Yeah I know" She said kinda 'duh' like "I just, you know, I thought- even villains love their kids-" She gasped realizing what she said

That was it. That was the breaking point. To think that your mother doesn't love you is one thing, but to know for a fact. To have some one you don't even know the name of, basically show you all the evidence, that your own parent, doesn't care if you go rot in hell. Thats the worst feeling in the world.

I looked down at my shoes, willing myself not to cry. I now missed Carlos' arms around me, protecting me from the harsh outside world.

"Oh" She said in shock. I noticed her eyes watering up "How awful" She rested her hand atop Mal's, and I saw a tear streak down her cheek.

With one swift move I wiped the tear from her cheek and dropped it into the potion, trying to be as discrete as possible.

"Yeah big bummer" I said trying to play it cool and avoid eye contact with Carlos. One look at him and I'd be a goner, I knew it.

"But we have to get these into the oven! Thanks so much for dropping bye, have a really, really good night! I'll see you tomorrow! Evil dreams!" Mal said ushering the girl out of the room

"Good night" She called back walking out the door

We all let out a collective sigh and for a moment everything was still. We were all pondering what had just happened when Mal snapped us out of our thoughts.

"Ok, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, May, oven" She said walking towards the oven

Evie followed in suit holding the mixing bowl "Yes m'am"

I hopped back up on the counter while everyone did their jobs. I have to tell them. If I hold it in any longer I might just explode! Tonight. I'll tell them tonight....

Carlos hopped up next to me and gave me a sad smile "How you doin'?" He whispered in my ear

I just nodded not trusting my voice. "I think I'm gonna head up to my room" I said slowly removing myself from the counter

"I'll walk you" He offered getting down as well

I turned to him with a sad smile "Thanks for the offer, but I just need some time alone right now, OK?"

He nodded understandingly "Thanks Carlos" I said softly. I then did something neither of us were expecting. I gently stood up on my tippy toes, and gave him a soft peck on the cheek.

I blushed a tiny bit, dismissed myself silently, and wandered down the hall way towards my dorm.

Oh what a long day it's been....

. . .

Soooooo.....

The next chapter is not really going to be a chapter but more of something I've been avoiding having to write about.

No it has nothing to do with the book. It deals with me and my personal life.

For all I know you could skip over it. But I feel that I need to let you guys know some of the reason I've been so slow on the updates.

Thanks for reading :)

Bye loves! 

-TOL <3