hey mom.

Maya's P.O.V

The next morning we were sitting in class with Fairy Godmother, and I was still buzzing from my date with Carlos last night.

"Children as you know" FGM started "This Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep, and because your family can't be here due to uh, distance?" It came out more like a question "We've arranged a special treat for you"

She then walked back over to the monitor, pressed a button, and all of a sudden all of our parents faces popped up.

Every fiber in me instantly chilled.

I looked at the guys with wide eyes. This was gonna be fun.

"I don't see, nor do I hear anything" Maleficent said in front of the monitor "Is it-is it.."

"Press enter" Jafar said

"Can I please see a remote!" My mother shouted "Is this thing even on?!"

We all looked at each other and rushed out of our seats to talk to our parents.

"Ugh! Its broken!" Curella said

"Oh!"  It must have started working

"Evie! It's mommy! Oh!" The Evil Queen said waving "Oh, look how beautiful, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree" She gloated

"Don't you mean the weeds" My mom bit back

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?!" Curella shrieked at FGM

"This is Fairy Godmother" Mal said from behind her

I was slightly using FGM as a shield from my mothers glare. There was no use trying to hide it when my mom was mad, and everyone could tell, she was pissed.

I felt something warm slip into my hand. I glanced down to see Carlos had intertwined our fingers together, while one hand was still holding Dude, in a supporting way. I smiled gratefully at him.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants, I see" Maleficent cackled 

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" FGM defended. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, I've never seen her like that before

"You really couldn't give Cinderella until 1 A.M, I mean really?" The villains teased her "What? The hamsters have to be back on there little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not-- They were mice." FGM was fuming

"Yes, yes. Thank you" I said as me and Mal gently pushed her out of view. Well there goes my protection.

"Hi mom." Mal was the first to speak

"MAL!" Maleficent shouted "I m-miss you" She said obviously just wanting to talk about the wand

"You children are never far from our thoughts!" Jafar butted in

"Yes, I got it" Mal tightened her lips together

"How long must mommy wait to see you" Again, the wand

"Um" Mal started "There's a big coronation coming up, sometime after that"

"WHEN?"

"Friday. 10 A.M." Mal said quickly glancing at FGM

"Are you sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do if I can't get my hand on that w-" Maleficent was smacked in the horns by my mom "Y-you! My little munchkin!"

Mal let out a nervous laugh "Yes, I completely understand mother."

"Carlos?!" Curella screeched now coming into full view "Is that a DOG?!"