Chapter 7: A Night Over

-{Y/N's POV}-

Alois and I were sitting on the side of the dancefloor, tired out. We had danced a little more together and people had come to talk to me, asking about my relationship with Alois. Lucky Alois managed to keep them away. I looked at the large clock on the wall. "Oh my goodness!" I cried out standing up. "Alois, I need to find my master!" Alois looked at me, his face dropping. "Oh, alright." He said. He looped his arm in mine and we walked around, trying to find West. Then I spotted familiar red-brown hair. "There he is, sire!" I called out. West's head perked up, looking around. "Sire!" I called again. He spun in our direction. "Ah! (y/n)! There you are!" West made his way over to Alois and I. West bowed, "Thank you very much, Earl Trancy, for taking such great care of (y/n)." Alois smiled, "Of course! She was so interesting to hang out with!" I smiled, "I'm glad you enjoyed my presence, but it is getting late." I started, looking towards West. Alois looked thoughtful, hand on his chin. "Indeed, your carriage ride home would be quite dangerous. So," Alois smiled brightly. "-why don't you stay here for the night!" He suggested. West thought for a moment. "Alright." Alois turned away from West and I. "CLAUDE!" He hollered. "Yes, your highness?"

A tall man with black hair and peculiar gold eyes appeared from behind West. "Hello Claude, fix a room for Viscount Johnson and (y/n)." Claude bowed, "Right away, your highness." Then he turned and left. When I turned back to Alois, he was glaring at Claude's back before returning to smile at West and I. "The rooms will be done soon. So why don't we go get some food and talk?" He asked, starting to walk away. West smiled at me before following.

Alois and West were talking about business when Claude returned, "Excuse me, your highness." Alois looked at Claude, happiness fading from his voice. "Yes, Claude?" Claude didn't seem to mind. "The two rooms are prepared." Alois sighed, "Well it was wonderful talking to you Viscount Johnson, but I must go attend to a few special guests. Claude will show you to your rooms." West bowed, "Thank you for your hospitality, Earl Trancy." I bowed as well, "Thank you! And I hope to talk to you soon, Alois!" Then I turned and followed Claude.

Claude was walking in front of West, who was in front of me. We walked through dimly lit hallways, almost making the Trancy estate seem like a maze. West stopped suddenly, causing me to almost crash into West's back. "Viscount Johnson, here is your room." Claude said, his voice monotone and his eyes blank. He held open the door and West walked in, I started to follow. "Miss, I will take you to your room." I looked at Claude for a moment, not processing his words. Claude closed the door to West's room. "Lady (y/n), was it?" He asked. I frantically shook my head, "No, I am a maid. No high noble." He looked slightly surprised at this. "Oh, really?" He asked, "Nonetheless, follow me. I will take you to your room." As we continued down the maze-like halls, I decided to strike up a conversation.

"Claude, right?" He nodded, "Why were you surprised by me not being a maid?" I inquired, curious. "His highness, the Earl Trancy, doesn't normally give people consent to call him by his first name." I became even more curious. "Oh?" "Yet you call him by his first name, and so does he." He observed. I nodded, "Claude, are you a demon?" Claude suddenly stopped, looking at me straight in the face. "Yes..." His eyes narrowed, "How would you know?" I smiled brightly, "I have my ways." I replied cheerfully. Claude looked interested, "Do you perhaps know a demon?" I tilted my head a little and put a finger over my lips. "I'm not allowed to give that information away." Claude became even more intrigued. "Are all of the servants in this estate demons?" I asked. I could feel 5 ish demon presences when I entered into the estate. But because I am a half-demon, I'm not super powerful so I wouldn't know for sure. "Yes." He stated quite surprised, "But you haven't met them, yes?" I shrugged, "Maybe..." I said in a teasing tone. "What about your master, does he have a demon contract?" I smiled to myself and played dumb, "A demon what?" Claude looked slightly surprised at this, "You don't know about demon cont-" He stopped himself, "Nevermind."