Chapter 10: The Phantomhive's Return

-{Y/N's POV}-

I looked in the direction of the manor. This presence, I thought, Sebastian? I looked at Claude. His face was stoic, but I could see the look in his eyes; the disgust, hatred, and anger. I looked at West and bowed, "Forgive me, West. It seems as there is someone at the estate. I will attend to their needs." West and Alois glanced at me, "Alright, bring them here if need be." I stood up. "As you wish, West." I then returned to the residence.

Once I returned inside, I saw Christian, Tyler, and Tyson all at the door, trying to see who was there. I sighed and shook my head. I approached the door and unlocked it. Startled by my presence, Christian, Tyler, and Tyson jumped back. I opened the door, and outside stood Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian not far behind him.

"Good afternoon, Earl Phantomhive. Please, come in." The Earl Phantomhive and Sebastian walked in. "Good afternoon, (y/n). I have come to talk with Viscount Johnson." I nodded, "He is currently in our garden with a guest, but has given me permission to bring you there, is that alright?" The Earl turned to Sebastian, "I do not have anything today, correct?" Sebastian smiled slyly and shook his head, "All errands have been attended to, young lord." The Earl Phantomhive nodded his head. "Good, then let us go to the garden." I noticed Sebastian's hesitation, but I nodded and smiled, "Please follow me, Earl Phantomhive."

As we walked to Paradise, I asked a few questions. "How was the vacation home in Houndsworth? I heard that the town is quite quiet." The Earl Phantomhive sighed and nodded, "It was," He paused to find the right words, "interesting." But just from looking at his face, I could tell it was much more than that. Before I could inquire further, I was interrupted.

"How was your time here? Anything interesting happen?" I turned to Sebastian who had asked the questions. I smiled lightly, "Quite busy. There was a lot of last minute preparation for our guest. Other than that, it was wonderful." Sebastian's face showed a smile that hid the barely noticeable annoyance. "I could only imagine who your guest is." He put a lot of emphasis on imagine, as he said it through his teeth. "Oh? I think you have met before." I smiled a little. Judging by the reactions from Claude and Sebastian, they don't like each other much. No, despised was a better word.

We were starting to approach Paradise, and I could see the Earl and Sebastian looking around. "You have a wonderful garden." The Earl Phantomhive commented, "Thank you. Now, please just enter in through here." I opened up the gate for them to walk through.

As soon as I stepped into Paradise, the air became thick. I looked at Alois and the Earl Phantomhive, and I could clearly see the problem. "Oh," The Earl Phantomhive commented, his eyes narrowed. "It's you." Alois tilted his head up and a smirk formed on his face. "And I could say the same. What the bloody hell are you doing here?" He questioned. The Earl Phantomhive looked unimpressed, "I am here to deliver some documents. Business-related things." Alois' eyes narrowed. "And when did you join in a partnership with the Johnson company?" West sighed, "(y/n) convinced them to join in a partnership with my company." Alois laughed, he sounded envious. Alois walked over to me and grabbed onto my arm. Everyone seemed to stiffen, the air became thicker than it already was. "Well, I invited the Viscount and (y/n) to my ball. (y/n) and I danced the whole night, and then they stayed over." I was confused, "I don't see how this is relevant to the conv-" I was cut off by the Earl Phantomhive's angry voice. "She was very kind and invited us for tea! We even played a match of battledore!" He sounded quite jealous, but why? I didn't understand, what they were trying to do. I looked at Sebastian or Claude for help, but they were intensely glaring at each other. I was flustered, I didn't know what to do and when I looked over at West, his hands were clenched and he looked so upset.

"QUIET!" West yelled, "None of you know ANYTHING about (y/n), stop talking about her like some object! She is not something that you can talk about like this! You don't know anything, so stop talking about her like you do! (y/n) is kind and fair and beautiful without even trying! So stop!" He huffed in and out. I was surprised, I didn't know that West thought this way. West's eyes caught mine and they locked on. His beautiful green orbs stared into mine. His face suddenly morphed into one of realization and then a bright red.

Claude, Alois, Sebastian and the Earl Phantomhive stared at West, shocked. No one said anything. But I decided to speak up. "N-no, they don't." I looked down at my shoes. My voice was quiet and unsure. I could feel everyone's gaze on me. "They don't know. I don't think even West knows everything. But, I think that I should tell them." I glanced over that the gate to Paradise. "You can come out, you should know too." Christian, Tyler, and Tyson slowly entered into the vicinity. Standing slightly farther away than the rest. I took a deep breath and began my story, from the very beginning.