Claude's Ending: A Date with a Faustus

-{Claude's POV}-

As I watched (y/n) walk away, I felt a gaping hole in my chest. She cares for all of us, she cares for... Me? The thought baffled me. How could a mere half-demon strike such deep emotions from me? I scowled, I'm not even supposed to feel emotion. But for her? (y/n), I'd become a human any day. Even if I despised such creatures.

I noticed that His Highness was speaking to me. "Shall we go?" Alois asked me, I nodded. And followed His Highness back through (y/n)'s beautiful garden to the front of the estate. I opened the carriage door and helped His Highness in. "Take me back to my estate." His Highness demanded. I nodded, then climbed onto the front of the carriage, and we started off, back to the Trancy Residence.

My mind was filled with thoughts of (y/n), and I had to focus on the road ahead more so than usual. We had made it to the Trancy Residence and His Highness had gotten out of the carriage without my help. I wasn't complaining. I eyed the way he started walking to the entrance doors. He was in a daze, probably with thoughts of (y/n). My hands clenched, and my knuckles turned white. Pushing up my glasses, I thought about how impatient His Highness is. 'He probably won't last a full day.' I thought to myself, 'How inconvenient.' I lead the horses back to the stable and entered into the kitchen, and started preparing dinner.

Early the next morning, I went to the Johnson estate. I had waited until I heard people moving in the building. I knocked on the door, and soon after (y/n) opened the door. She looked a little shocked to see me, but she smiled softly. "Is it just you?" I nodded, "What can I help you with?" She asked. "I must deeply apologize." I bowed as I would to my master. (y/n) looked a bit surprised but her face returned to her beautiful smile. "I would ask you to walk with me around town, that is my apology." (y/n) nodded and spoke, "I would be delighted to accept." She stepped out of the residence. "Will the estate be alright?" I asked, "Mhm, I have been relieved of my duties for a few days." I looked at (y/n) with soft eyes, "That is good, so you do not overwork yourself." She giggles and smiles, "Yep!" And we started walking towards town.

-{Y/N's POV}-

As we arrived, I noticed a couple of shops set up along the streets. "Ah! There is so much cool stuff!" There was handmade jewellery, handmade key chains and paintings and the list goes on. I went up to one of the booths and picked up a beautiful painting of the seaside, it had a little lighthouse and a small sailboat in the picture. I turned back to Claude who was still looking around. "Hey Claude, is this not beautiful?" My eyes sparkled. He nodded, but he wasn't looking at the painting. We went to the next booth where they had some cookies. "Do you want some, Claude?" Claude looked at the cookies and shrugged. "Sure." He took some money out of his pocket and started to hand it to the lady sitting behind the table. "W-wait Claude!" But he hushed me. "This is my apology to you, not yours to me." I blushed and slowly nodded, "Okay."

We continued walking around, stopping at a booth every once in awhile. Then something caught my eye. A glass necklace! It was a beautiful (f/c) colour. I tugged at Claude's sleeve. "Hey, Claude? Can we look there?" He looked at me, then to the booth I was pointing at, then nodded. As we approached the booth, a man smoking a cigar nodded at us. "Let me know if ya need anythin'." We nodded and I looked at the necklace. Picking it up I noticed the sharp edges. Dangerous beauty, I turned it over in my hands.

Suddenly, I felt something push into my skin, then puncture it. "Ow!" I jerked my hand away. A little bead of blood began to gather at the tip of my finger. Claude came over and gently took my hand, looking at the wound. He pushed up his glasses and watched as the blood dripped down my finger. Claude took my finger and put it in his mouth to stop the bleeding. Then his eyes widened and flashed a fuschia pink. He pulled my finger out of his mouth and placed his handkerchief in my hand. He leaned towards me and whispered in my ear. "Your blood is divine." He smirked and pulled away. My face was flushed and I was in a daze. Claude took my uninjured hand and lead me back into the streets.

After a little bit of walking, I spotted a black spider with a white stripe on its back. Claude was about to step on it when I called out, "Wait!" Claude stopped and looked at me. I kneeled onto the ground and cupped the small spider in my hands. It tried to get away, but I quickly took it to a small garden area and set it back down. I dusted off my hands and walked back to Claude. "You picked up the spider? Do you like them?" Claude questioned. I giggled a bit, "I do not particularly like spiders, nor dislike them. I do not appreciate them being in my personal quarters. Though, if I find one, I will not kill it. They do not know better. But I must say, they are creatures of beautiful webs." Claude looked a little heart warmed.

Claude grabbed onto my hand and pulled me into a smaller less populated street. He looked me in the eye and asked, "What do you think of me?" That was a question I did not expect, the shock was clearly displayed on my face. "You are a mischievous, deal-making, stone-faced demon." He opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him, "But!" I held up a finger and looked at my shoes. "You are serious, calm, collected, witty, and admittedly devilishly handsome." I looked at Claude, with a flushed face. "That, is what I think of you."

Claude lightly grasped my hands, and we began to lean in until I could feel his soft breath against my face. I looked from his eyes to his lips. And we kissed. It was much softer than I expected it to be, and we stayed there for what felt like forever. We parted for air, and he rested his head against mine. "I love you, (y/n)." Claude whispered. I smiled and kissed him again. "I love you too."