Chapter 9: The Trancy's Visit

-{Y/N's POV}-

It was almost noon when Alois came over. From the second floor of the estate, I could see when his carriage pulled up. Alois quickly got out of the carriage and bounded towards the door, Claude following behind. I heard a knock on the front door and went to answer it. As soon as I opened the door, Alois enveloped me into a hug. "(y/n)! I missed you!" I smiled and laughed a little. "It's been a few hours, Alois!" West approached the front door. "Good morning, Earl Trancy." Alois' smile faltered, "Hello, Viscount Johnson." Alois then proceeded by letting go of me and going to talk with West. "Good morning, lady (y/n)." I blushed and turned around, "Claude! I told you not to call me 'lady'!" The edges of his mouth twitched upwards. I pouted, "Don't take pleasure in my anger!" I was being quite loud. "(y/n)?" I looked back at West to see him with a smile and a raised eyebrow. I realized my mistake, "Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! Is there anything I can take for you?" I asked them. Alois took his hat and handed it to me, "Keep it safe!" He said in a singsong voice. I nodded and put it on top of the coat rack. "Now Earl Trancy, you said you wanted to see my garden?"

As we made our way outside, I could see the delight in Alois' face. "It's so large and there are so many flowers!" He spun around playfully. West smiled, "Would you like a tour?" Alois stopped, he had a serious face as he turned to West. "Only if (y/n) is the one leading us." I was slightly shocked at his request, yet unsurprised at the same time. "I'd be happy to." I started by explaining the layout of the garden. "In this estate, the garden was designed to be quite large and nearly more beautiful than the inside. So if you would please follow me," I started walking towards one of the 'main attractions' of the garden. "-I will take you to the 5 main attractions in this estate." The paths that connect the main attractions are made of stone and the sides are adorned with the most elegant of flowers. "The first attraction I will take you to will be the garden, it is a place where we grow most of our fruits and vegetables, along with a few decorative flowers." In this particular section, we had an orchard of apple, pear, plum, and cherry trees. "It is well attended to," Claude commented, I smiled. "The gardeners work very hard." West cleared his throat, "You help as well, (y/n)." I scratched the back of my neck, "Well, sometimes I do, but it's mostly the gardeners. Would you like to continue on?" I asked, Alois and Claude nodded.

"The next place we will be going is the greenhouse." I began walking there, "In the greenhouse is where we can grow more exotic plants and fruits as well." When we got into the greenhouse, it became quite hot. "Alois, would you like me to hold your jacket while we are in here?" I asked, and he accepted. "Claude?" I asked, "I'm fine, thank you." He replied. As everyone explored the greenhouse, I came to one of the peach trees. "Alois, Claude, sire-ah West?" I quickly fixed my mistake, "We have a peach that is ripe, would you like to try it?" Alois nodded, "Yes! What a great idea!" I cut up the peach into small slices using a pocket knife I carry around. As I was cutting the peach, the juice dripped down my arm. "I underestimated the juiciness of the peach." I said bashfully. "Here." Claude bent down and pulled out a cloth, wiping up the juice. "Thank you." I said, smiling. I handed out the slices and when they ate it, they were very surprised. The peach was not squishy or super firm, and the peach was quite juicy. "Good choice, (y/n)! It's so yummy!" Alois complemented. I smiled and thanked him. "It's about time to move on, yes?" Alois nodded.

"Let's go to the maze, we'll pass by the pond on the way." I have Alois back his jacket, and we continued on. When we got close to the pond, you could hear the rushing of water. "This is the estate's pond, complete with a fountain in the middle." The pond had crystal clear water, with a simple yet exquisite fountain in the center. The edge of the pond was surrounded by tall trees, casting just the right amount of shade. "This is by far, the best place in the estate to curl up with a book!" Claude and Alois looked at the pond, and I could see the agreement in their faces. Then we continued to the maze.

"The maze has a small gazebo in the center, so if you want to have tea alone, that is the best place to go." I smiled, then I noticed something. "You guys are quite quiet. Am I making this boring?" Alois shook his head vigorously, Claude spoke a small 'no'. I felt a little unsure, "(y/n), it's just that you look so passionate and happy when talking about nature." West assured me. "Exactly!" Alois smiled and clapped his hands together by his face. I smiled a little, "If you say so, let's head to the last attraction."

As we walked, I started to see the tip of the wall. "Now this last place is called, Paradise. It's been said that once you've seen it, you won't want to leave." The walls of Paradise were beige and had bright green ivy growing on the walls. I unlatched and pushed open the iron gate, and walked inside. Paradise pretty much had four walls and two iron gates on each side of it, with no roof on top. It was stunning. Alois was quiet, Claude looked in awe and West had a small smile on his face, as this was the home that he grew up in. Then Alois broke the silence, Viscount Johnson! Your garden is so large! I have an idea! Let's play hide and go seek, Viscount Johnson, you're it!" I could tell West's childish side was coming out, "Yeah! Okay! Ready? One. Two. Three." I was surprised how quickly this started. I looked at Claude to see if he would join in, but he had already disappeared! I was suddenly grabbed by my wrist and pulled behind some bushes. When I looked at who it was, I saw Alois! "Aloi-" He put a finger to his lips, smiling. I stayed quiet and listened to West's counting, "Twenty-seven, Twenty-eight, Twenty-nine, Thirty! Ready or not, here I come!" Then he ran out of Paradise, looking for everyone. I heard giggling, and when I looked at Alois, it was him! "I thought so! He left without checking here!" Alois grabbed my hand and stood up. "Isn't this fun, (y/n)? Where do you think we should hide?" I looked around Paradise. "The trees here are sturdy enough for us to climb if you would like to do that." I suggested. Alois' face froze for a second, then he broke out into another smile. "What a good idea! Let's go!"

We decided on climbing into a red horse chestnut tree, its branches were close enough, so that you couldn't see the trunk from the outside. When we got up into the tree, I looked around only to find that it was quite solid, I couldn't see anything outside of the tree. Alois was sitting on a branch right in front of me and the wind would brush through the leaves, giving them a wonderful sounding swoosh. "Oh (y/n), you've gotten some petals in your hair." Alois commented, leaning closer. "Here, I'll get them out." My face started to heat up.

Alois' face was just above mine, I could feel his soft breath against my forehead and his fingers running through my hair, sending a shiver down my spine. "(y/n)?" Alois spoke, his voice serious and calm. "Do you understand how much jealousy you give me?" His usually happy bright blue eyes seemed darker and more commanding in this light. His face was so close to mine, I could see every detail. He gripped onto my wrists, and spoke lowly, "How can you torture me so much," He paused, "without even trying?" His words became more breathy. My face was surely flushed now.

"Found you!" A bright cheerful voice snapped me out of my trance. I looked down to find West, staring up at us, Claude not far behind him. He laughed, "Good try, but I know this place up and down!" I heard laughing from beside me, looking back at Alois I could see that he was once again smiling. "I guess so!" We hopped down from the tree. "I'm tired of this game, can we eat?" Alois asked and West nodded. "(y/n), could you bring the food out here?" I nodded, "But could I get a hand? It is quite a lot." Claude stepped in. "I'll help." He said, pushing up his glasses. I nodded, "That would be a great help, thank you." Then I turned back to the masters. "We'll be back in a minute."

As Claude and I got to the kitchen, I remembered something. "Oh! That's right! Claude, I've made a parfait but I need an outside opinion." I pulled out a glass of the parfait and handed him a spoon. He took a bite and closed his eyes. I looked at him, hopeful. "It tastes delicious." He smiled a little. I smiled brightly, "Thank you!" but then I noticed something. I looked around for a napkin. Upon finding one, I asked Claude to bend down to my height. He did so without question. I looked at his face and then took the cloth and brushed off a spot that had some whipped cream on it. I gently brushed the piece off.

Suddenly, Claude grabbed onto my wrist, "If you touch me so delicately, I might do something I shouldn't." I became surprised at his comment, and my face became red. "U-um, I-I think that we, um, should get the food quickly." I then proceeded to speed around the kitchen, getting all the dishes ready. I gave some to Claude and then started out the door.

As I we were walking back, I could feel the smirk radiating off of Claude. Once we got back to the masters, we saw that West and Alois were in an intense match of checkers. Just after I set down the plates, and turned to Claude to take his plates, I heard the neigh of a horse.

And the presence of a familiar demon.