West's Ending: A Date with a Johnson

-{West's POV}-

As I watched (y/n) walk out of the iron gates, something inside me left with her. I felt cold inside, any warmth (y/n) provided when she was around, was gone. As she was telling her story something inside of me changed, clicked even. My previous views on her have been altered; no longer do I want to just keep her by my side for as long as I live, I want to protect her, cherish her. I glanced up at the Earl's, their butlers and the servants. They all seemed to be stuck in their own thoughts. Until the Earl Trancy spoke up, "Shall we go?" This question was directed to his butler, who only nodded and they left. When no one else said anything I spoke up, "I would like to be alone right now, I'm sorry." I ran a hand through my hair, "One of the servants will escort you." I looked at the Earl Phantomhive. Who waved me off, "No need, I will leave myself. I will tell you when we can schedule the next meeting." I nodded and waited for the others to leave. Tyler was the last one out, shutting the gate after he left.

I rubbed my hands up and down my face. "What have I done?" I muttered I didn't know what to do. I looked around me at the beautiful garden I was in, it was all her work, she did everything. I stared intently at my hands, but my mind was elsewhere. She did everything, (y/n) helped me get to where I am now. I could only think about how grateful I was, and how little I had repaid her. My mind flashed with images of her over the years we've been together. As I shut my eyes to bask in the memories, I drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to the bright sun in my eyes, filtering through the lush green vines on the walls of Paradise. Looked around and noticed a few items that weren't there when I fell asleep. There was a blanket draped around my shoulders and a small pillow under my head. As well as a small breakfast with a glass dome on top. I smiled slightly to myself, knowing that there was only one person who could have done this.

Knocking on (y/n)'s door, I began questioning myself again. Would she want to see me? Does she hate me? Does she want more time? But as the door opened, my mind drew a blank. "West? Is there something that you need?" Her soft voice reassured any of my doubts, and hearing my name from her lips made me melt. "I just wanted to apologise and repay you for all you've done for me. I'm really grateful that you've stayed with me all these years, even if it is just to eat my soul in the end." I sheepishly scratched my head. She smiled, "Thank you, West! That really means a lot to me. You don't need to apologise since you have done nothing wrong." Seeing her smile I felt my face flush and butterflies to awake in my stomach. "Um-uh yeah. You've been relieved of your duties for today. But I'd like to try that ice cream place that we were going to go to on Saturday, before the Phantomhive tea stuff." (y/n) giggled, "I believe that I owe you at least that much." She stepped out of her room and headed for the doors.

-{Y/N's POV}-

We walked into town, for a change. I tried to convince him, but West insisted on walking instead of taking a carriage. However, now that I am out here and walking, I'm glad that he listened. It's a beautiful day out, bright sun and a few wispy clouds in the sky.

As we start to pass by some shops in town, we look into the windows of shops and talk about how certain items we saw. I giggled looking at a funny stuffed bear, "That would be so lovely to have over the fireplace mantel!" I mentioned jokingly. West peered at it and laughed, "Yeah it would! Do you want to get it?" I shook my head, "It's a tempting offer, but I'm going to have to refuse!" West stops and grabs onto my hand making me stop as well. "Are you sure?" I nod, but he still doesn't let go of my hand. As we continue walking, so people look at us and our linked hands. West doesn't seem to notice, but with every passerby who looks, my face becomes hot and then hotter.

"Ah! There it is!" West points at a bright white cart, with a happy looking man behind it. On the front, the ice cream logo is displayed. West speeds up and stops in front of the cart. "What kind of ice cream would you two lovebirds like?" I open my mouth to correct him, but West cuts me off, unfazed. "One (favourite ice cream flavour) and one chocolate, please!" Holding out a $10 bill, the man takes it and gives West his change. Then with a big smile, he hands us both our ice cream cones. "Have a good day, you two!" The man says, and I reply, "Thank you, you too!" Taking the ice cream with the hands that aren't still linked, West and I go and sit down on a nearby bench.

I begin thinking to myself. If we had come here before, it would've felt like siblings eating ice cream together, but now... I trail off, looking at West and our hands that seem to fit so perfectly together. West glances over at me, and I quickly avert my eyes, investing myself in eating my ice cream. "Ah." I hear West mutter, and when I look over, he's looking at me. My face goes bright pink and I'm feeling nervous. "What is it, West?" He chuckles, "You've got a bit of ice cream on your face." Feeling embarrassed, I take the napkin I was given and wipe my face. Looking back at West I ask, "I-is it all gone?" He nods and pouts. "(y/n) you dumb dumb, don't you know?" I'm confused and it shows on my face, "When a boy tells you something like that, he'll get it off himself. Like this..." Then he leans in closer and kisses me. His lips taste like chocolate, and I savour the feeling until he pulls away. "West..." I murmur, a smile plastered on my face, "I think I love you." He grins wide, "(y/n), I think I love you too." Then he kisses me again.