Chapter 1

Brook

"Girl get your ass up before you are late for work," one of my roommates/bestfriends say to me. "I'm surprised you weren't up already because you know how you are."

"I know Alex. But I got extra hours at the hospital and didn't get home until about 5," I said tiredly.

"That's why I keep saying you need some days, maybe even weeks off from work. All you do is work at the hospital, and we don't ever have anytime to spend together."

Alexandria is my bestfriend and roommate. We've known each other since 8th grade and ever since we've been really close. We've always planned to move in with each other when we got older, now here we are. I also live with three other "girls". There's Alana-I met her in high school as a 9th grader and we instantly clicked. Then, there's Simone and Demetrius. I met those two in college my freshman year. I introduced them to Alex and Alana and ever since then, we've all been inseparable. I love these guys to death and I wouldn't be complete without them.

"Please don't go there with me this morning Alex. How else are the bills and rent going to get paid for this apartment? How else are we going to have food on the table?"

"I'm going to keep going there with you until you get it through your head that you need a break. You practically live in that damn hospital. We barely see you anymore. Plus your 21st birthday is in 3 more days...don't you want to spend time with your girls?"

"Of course I do alex!" I huff, "but you know I have to work. I just don't have any time to party or hangout."

"All I'm saying, is that I really miss you bestfriend. That hospital is taking you away from me," Alex whines.

"I miss you too bestfriend, and I promise that I will make it up to you by doing anything you want, I promise."

"Anything?", she smirked.

"Anything."I smiled.