Unfaithful

"Our love, his trust. I might as well take a gun and put it to his head.Get it over with."

- - - - - - - -

"I love you," he whispered in my ear as he held me tight.

"I love you, too," I sighed.

I told him I loved him, but I was lying. Sure, we'd been together for almost a year now, but everything today was so different than it was back then. I used to believe I loved Zayn, but that was all before he was 1/5 of One Direction, Britain's hottest boyband. All before he changed; before I changed. All before I had met Harry Styles.

I couldn't get around staring at those curls and those mesmerizing green eyes of his and the dimples that shown whenever he smiled at me. Every time I looked at him or thought about him, he made my heart beat speed up and made the corners of my mouth rise. He was everything I thought perfect could be and more.

"Why you smiling so much?" Zayn chuckled and pulled me closer.

"Oh, no reason." I couldn't tell him the truth. I couldn't tell him I was madly in love with his bandmate. I just couldn't break his heart like that. Zayn was just too nice of a guy to tell him something like that. It's not like he ever treated me bad. He did everything with me in mind, with our love in mind. He always put me first.

He got up and went across the room to grab the radio remote and turned it on. He turned around to me with a smile and started slowly at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing," he said innocently, or so it seemed. He bent down over me and placed his lips on mine. I could taste the orange juice and toast he had grabbed for breakfast on his lips. It felt so right to be kissed but not by him. This was too wrong. It reminded me of the time I kissed Harry.

We were just goofing around, Harry and I, and playing Truth or Dare when he dared me to kiss him. I was shocked but kept my cool as I stared at that dimpled smile. I slowly leaned in and closed my eyes, seeing him close his, and our lips met.

I think that was the moment I realized I was in love with him. I mean, there were times I had just looked at him and thought about what could've been, but this time really told me he was what I wanted. I can recall the taste of fresh peppermint toothpaste and tea in my mouth. It was warm and calm, but I could feel the tension between us rise as I touched his face with my hand.

He pulled me closer, and I grabbed onto the bottom of his shirt. He gripped my waist tightly, moving his hands slowly and smoothly. When we came up for air, we stared into eachother's eyes. I remember the gleaming look that I saw from that time on in his eyes.

But then Zayn called for me from downstairs, and I paniked and ran after his voice. It was never talked about again between Harry and I, but everything has been awkward since. I almost forgot, in this moment, that I was kissing Zayn.

He kissed my lips, I taste your mouth.