Papa Don't Preach

Papa I know you're going to be upset

'Cause I was always your little girl

But you should know by now

I'm not a baby

* * * * * * * * * *

Since the baby was in a short five months, Zayn and I decided to tell our parents. I know, I know. They should've been informed earlier, but we didn't have it all figured out until now.

You see, you can't just tell your parents you're going to be a teen mother without some kind of future plan. They need one, or they'll think you're way out of your mind. Basically our plan is to get married and settle down with our baby. Zayn was going to go back into music, and I would stay home with the coming child and the future babies. It was going to be great. 

I found out today in a few short minutes life-changing things: I was going to have a girl, and this made me realize Zayn actually loved me! Everything was going well.

After all the tears and joyful laughter at the office, we had gone home. I held Zayn's hand all the way back, and he'd lightly peck it ever so often. We both were gleaming. Zayn had leaned over and whispered how beautiful I looked. I blushed. He told me how I glowed in the sunlight. I know this has nothing to do with the future, but I wanted to brag about how great he is. Hehe.

We were both obviously feeling good about our future plans, so we decided to watch a movie. But while we were cuddling on the couch watching The Notebook, Zayn pulled away from me and flipped off the TV. I was a little curious as to why he was doing this, so I simply asked if everything was alright. He ignored my question.

"I want to marry you," he told me.

"How many times are you going to ask me this?" I kidded, referring back to that night in the hotel. 

"No, I really want to. We need to be together as a family." I was getting a weird since of deja vu.

I sat up next to him. "Alright. Let's get married."

"I have to ask your parents first."

"My parents? But they don't even know I'm pregnant!" I was starting to feel overwhelmed. I hadn't thought about what my parents were going to do when they found out I was having a child. Oh boy.

"The only way we can be together is if your parents know we're having a baby," he told me.

I stomped my foot on the floor. "Ugh, fine."

He smiled. "Good." We settled back into our cozy position.

"Well, you're doing all the talking."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Here we are, Zayn and I. We're sitting in the car, driving to my parents house. They've just recently moved to England to be closer to me, but I haven't had the chance to see them. Because, ya know, I'm pregnant and avoiding them, but Zayn thinks they need to know.

Zayn held my hand tightly as he drove down the winding road. My parents had moved into a private neighborhood where only the rich could even dream about living. My mother had told me on the phone when I called her earlier to tell her we were coming that David and Victoria lived here. I couldn't believe it! My favorite soccer(because I'm American) player and Spice Girl in the same community as my parents?!? Dreams do come true!

We came upon the gate leading into a mammoth of a home. It stood four stories high and four stories wide. There was a four car garage, probably housing mom's car and dad's toys. It was painted pale and carved delicately. It's features read nineteenth century, but who really knows.