It's Over This Time

'Cause it's over

I swear girl it's over this time

So don't keep callin' leavin' messages

Don't wanna know where you been

Baby 'cause it's over

Tonight was the boys' first concert in America. They were jumping with glee, something I've seen happen too many a times. All except Louis seemed to be jumping with happiness. He was excited, oh yes, but his mind seemed to be focused on me. I didn't have time to worry about his thoughts. I needed something to get over my shock of earlier.

The other roadies; a young hippie who was frequently yelled at for wearing too bright of colors backstage and had insisted she be called Ronnie; a rather large middle-aged man with long hair everywhere named Craig; and, last but not least, a petite girl who made everything look sweet and innocent named Dayla. This was our crew in charge of microphones and sound. We were the best in the business but mostly so young no one every gave any form of recognition.

The timer backstage was clicking down. The crew was hurrying to make sure everything had gone right at sound check. I checked all the boys one last time and wished them each luck on stage. As they headed towards the big lights, Zayn turned to blow me a kiss that nearly sent my heart leaping out of my chest. I smiled widely back. Harry, meanwhile, saw this and smiled his seductive smile with a laugh. My heart sped up. It was so cute, I just couldn't stand it.

If it wasn't obvious, I've been trying to ignore Harry and his beautifulness, but it is so hard. He has a smile that could light up the night's sky. When he shows his pearly whites, I could jump into his arms and be with him forever. 

And then I remember Zayn and his sweet, sensitive smile. The way he looks deep into my soul with one glimpse. The way he's held me at night in his arms while I silently sobbed over my abusive home, a subject I had forgotten about until now. Or, at least, have tried to forget. The awful past. The bright future. That's what it's like with Zayn, I know it is. I know that he could give me a life and a real family that I've always wanted even after One Direction.

I've told myself multiple times that Zayn is the one; he has to be. Where else could I find a handsome young man that could give so much love to a girl who had done him so wrong? No where; that's where. He was perfect right down to his dark hair and dark eyes that captured me when he looked into them. He was every girl's dream, and I had him in my life. How could I be so stupid as to sleep with his best friend and chance the future we could've had? Very.

I remember the first time he told me he loved me. We were sitting on a park bench in God knows where. But I remember the crisp and cold air scraping through my hair, blowing every piece I had into my mouth. We were dressed for winter: snow boots, heavy coats, and the thickest hats and mittens we could find. We were laughing and goofing around like we'd usually done. I had thought before I had loved him, as soon as I'd met him, but this time I was positive.

"Kate," he had said. His face was solemn, but I could tell he was nervous on the inside. His eyes gleemed. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure, Zayn. What is it?" I had replied. He looked away from the deep stare he held in my eyes. My eyes followed his into his clasped hands. He slowly lifted a hand up and placed it on one of mine. I smiled at his worried expression.

"I love you, Kate, and I want you forever." I stared at him in shock. No one had ever told me they loved me before and meant it. There had been that chump who told me that only to get into my pants, which he never did. I had just met Zayn in a cafe around the time I was dating him. So long ago I don't even remember his name.