Can't Help But Wait

I'm doing my note at the begining today.

Sorry if this is slow and boring. It's basiclly supposed to be the chapter where you see into Harry and Zayn's mind. I don't think I will do any more of these kinds of chapters if I can help it.

I promise this is going to pick up steam soon.

Stay tuned for the next drama-filled chapter.

-Hannah

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"And I don’t wanna come between you and your man,

even though I know I treat you better than he can."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Harry's POV

I can't believe what I did earlier in the kitchen. I ruined everything with just a few simple words. I guess threatening to tell the girl you are in love with that you were going to tell her boyfriend about the night you had together wasn't such a good idea.

Damn! Why am I such an idiot? I want to be with Kate, but she is so caught up in Zayn right now, I don't know what to do. I want her; I need her; everything I see reminds me of her and the way she smiles. I can't let Zayn have her, but what am I to do?

I know they had a rendevous together in the same night she and I did, but how am I supposed to compete with the romantic boy? I was just the flirt; he was good with the girlfriends. There was no way she was going to leave his arms for mine if she has the feelings towards him that I have for her.

After Flack, I totally knew I had to find a new girl. But that girl was supposed to be for fun, not love. Why did I have to go and fall in love with the girl my mate was crazy about? I bet it's her eyes, those green pools of shine. Or maybe it was the way she flipped her hair. It makes me overwelmed the way she is so beautiful and just thinking about it tears me apart.

I look over to her laying her head on Zayn's chest across the aisle, and my heart dies a little inside. I felt an ache in my chest like I've never had before. We had been on the plane for two hours now and all I've been able to think about was Kate. This was the first time I caught any sort of glimpse of her, and this moment made me regret it.

Niall sat next to me and noticed my uneasiness. "What's up, mate?"

I pretended to snap out of a daze. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking."

He nodded towards the lovebirds with a smile. "You see this? Aren't they in love."

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Cute couple, they are." He is smiling at them now, putting his crackers into his mouth.

"Flipping adorable," I mumbled.

He flips his head around to me. "Did you say something?"

"Huh, oh no. Goin' to take a nap now." I started to turn my headphones on to Coldplay and cross my arms. Then I remember something, "And don't eat my peanuts when they come."

"No promise." I saw him out of my cracked open eyes look back over to the two. "I wish I had someone who loved me as much as Zayn does."

"Yeah, me too," I breathed, turning up the volume.

- -

ZAYN'S POV

She looked so adorable laying on my shoulder. I could see the top of her head, but the glare from my iPod showed an angelic face dripping saliva. I laughed at the innocent and childish way she looked when she slept.

Just last night I had the time of my life. The soft way her skin felt and the way she said my name in her sleep made all the troubles we'd been through worth it. These are the moments she gives me that remind me just of how much I love her and how I enjoy everything about her. The way she looks; the way she smells; the way she rests her head on my shoulder.

Just a few months ago, I had kissed this girl which turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. Kate was torn in two when she learned about my stray moment. She cried and swore to me that she would never trust me again. I felt my heart break when I saw her tears. She had never done me wrong, so why did I chance our love?

She ended up accepting my apology after weeks of begging and pleading and tears being shed, and from both parties. But I never felt the trust completely regained. This all happened around the time I joined One Direction. She began to feel distant, but I try to ignore those moments. It's hard to pay attention when she is so beautiful. I don't know what I would do without her in my life.

Her eyes were stirring rapidly, but I just smiled at her.

- - - -

BACK TO KATE'S POV

I opened my eyes to the feeling of Zayn's shoulder under my head. I saw he was flipping through songs on his iPod, so I was sure he didn't notice me awake. I dug my head deeper into his shoulder and tightened my grip on his arm.

He took the arm I was gripping and wrapped it around me. I pulled myself closer into him, surely giving away my conscienceness. I didn't care. This moment felt right. His body felt warm and welcoming. I loved it.

Ever since last night, I've been on edge, but this moment made me calm. When I ignored him earlier at the apartment, I felt awful. We had just spent thenight together and I totally dissed him. I hadn't meant to; it was Harry's attention and threats that distracted me.

I realized on the ride over that I still had feelings for Zayn. I don't know why this revelation came to me, but it did. Maybe it was the way he held me last night or the dream I had about him. It was about him and I at a wedding, I think it was Liam and Danielle's. He got down on one knee, and I remember looking at him in a whole new light.

Zayn was the kind of boy you married. The kind you brought home to your parents and introduced to them. The kind you took to family reunions, and the kind you flaunted everywhere you went. I wanted to be able to flaunt Zayn, to show the world how much this boy loved me, and maybe how much I loved him.

I sat up.

"You okay, Kate?" asks Zayn.

I turn to him. "Fine." I turned my head behind our seat at Niall and Harry. Niall was munching on his and Harry's food while Harry slept with his headphones beside him. My face went red with the sight of the cheeky boy. The thoughts of the time we spent together flashed across my mind.

Harry looked so peaceful there, and I wondered what he was dreaming about. Was it me? Did he ever dream about me? I sure dreamt about him. 

I felt so confused in this moment. I was sitting next to a boy I possibly regained love for and looking at a boy who I would stray for. How was I to choose between two seemingly-perfect boys? Was I just supposed to be okay with this? How was I supposed to decide between the two?

Zayn smiled at me. "I love you," he whispered. I stared at him. "What?"

I reached for his chin and pulled his lips into mine for a lingering kiss that felt perfect. And this time no thoughts of Harry's kiss went into my head.

- - - - - -

Comments and thoughts please!

-Hannah:)