1 | pink skies

watching the sunset was something he would always do; it put him at ease.

but never in his life would he think he'd be able to forget about it so easily.

jimin focus
many shades of pink, orange, and yellow covered the sky with cream-colored clouds littered amongst it. jimin began making his way towards the park - a place he'd go to every evening to watch a certain something set.

he ran over to the field of grass, sitting down on it. jimin closed his eyes, letting the sound of leaves rustling and the small screeching of swings moving back and forth fill his ears. the wind blew past his naked ankles and wrists, as he leaned back to be engulfed by grass.

it was long past school hours, and jimin knew he should've been at home finishing mr lee's reading project instead of nowhere near his house. but it could wait, the sunset was much more meaningful to jimin than anything relating to language arts - or anything for that matter; watching the sunset kept him safe, all his worries disappearing once he saw the bright light leaving the sky.

it was beautiful - how the vibrant sun contrasted with the warm colors of the sky. jimin anticipated the moment of when the sun would set, a small smile evident on his face as he looked up at the sky, waiting for his favorite part of the day.

he stared up at the sky, admiring how each color complimented the other, until he felt something wet touch his face.

confused, jimin propped himself on his elbows, turning around to see a dog. jimin smiled, petting the furry animal and grabbing it's collar to read it's name.

as he checked the collar, he heard the voice of a man, calling out "soonshim!"

the dog peeked it's head up, running over to the man who called it's name. the man picked up the dog, smiling at it before putting soonshim - the name jimin supposed belonged to the dog - down.

the man looked over at jimin, giving jimin the chance to see the man. once jimin got a better view of him, he was in awe.

the boy had blonde hair, and he was only in a white tshirt and some shorts. jimin thought the boy looked so good, and couldn't seem to take his eyes away from him.

how is anyone even that good looking? is he even real? jimin finally snapped out of his thoughts to see the boy now walking towards him.

"i'm sorry about my dog." taehyung started, putting the leash back on his dog, "anyways, i'm taehyung."

the boy smiled at jimin, causing butterflies in his stomach.

i think i might faint, everything about him is perfect.

but instead of jimin speaking out his thoughts - which he's glad he didn't - he squeaked out an "i'm jimin."

"so, what's a pretty boy like you doing here by yourself?" taehyung asked jimin. jimin blushed, thinking of the name - pretty boy.

"i came here to watch the sunset." jimin smiled, looking over at it. his smile faltered though, as he realized he missed it whilst talking to taehyung.

"oh, well i guess it already set." jimin laughed, although being very upset that he missed his favorite part of the day.

but as he looked over at taehyung, he thought that maybe it wasn't so bad. because even though he had missed watching the sunset, meeting taehyung was even better.

[after 8 months of having this idea, i'm finally taking the time to write this book! i'm sososo excited, i love this concept so much and i'm glad i'm finally beginning to write! please tell me your thoughts for the first chapter! writing style inspired by @nectaerine !!]