14 | mesmerized

[THIS IS A JOKE MY HAND SLIPPED AND PRESSED 'PUBLISH' IM (i should've just left it published it was already edited anyways OML]

jimin focus
jimin's head rested on taehyung's chest as both boys watched the sunset. jimin listened to taehyung's heartbeat, the pattern easily lulling him to sleep.

the two were quiet, allowing jimin to think. he thought about the time taehyung asked him why he loved the sunset so much, and he remembered telling him it was nothing - though it really wasn't.

in fact, it was a big part of jimin's life, something taehyung should know - something taehyung needed to know; he was going to know.

"hey, tae?" jimin asked, his fingers playing with the hem of taehyung's shirt. "mhm?" taehyung responded, looking at jimin. "remember when you asked why i always watch the sunset?" taehyung nodded, allowing jimin to continue. "well," jimin started, facing away from taehyung now.

"i was eight when it first happened. i was hanging out with jin and yoongi at jin's house, the three of us playing outside in jin's backyard."

"tag, you're it now, jimin!" yoongi said, laughing as he ran away from the boy. jimin laughed, chasing jin. jin squealed as jimin caught up to him, jimin poking him and screaming "tag!" before running away.

"it was getting late, and jin's mom offered to take yoongi and i home. we let her, and after she dropped off yoongi, she was on her way to my house. once we arrived, i got out of the car, waving goodbye to jin and his mom, before making my way to my front door. i knocked on the door, but no one opened it. i heard the faint sound of yelling though, as i used our spare key under our mat to open the lock."

"once i opened the door, i saw my mom and father screaming at each other, right in front of my eyes." jimin started, a shiver running down his spine once the words left his mouth. taehyung combed his hands through jimin's hair, trying to comfort him as he noticed jimin tense at the sentence.

"m-my dad kept yelling at my mom." jimin said, shutting his eyes.

"not in front of our son." jimin's mother yelled, though her voice being incredibly low. "i don't care, he's a waste of space, time, and money. i should've worn a condom."

"stop! he's eight, he doesn't need to hear any of this."

"hear what, the truth?" jimin's father said, stepping closer to his wife.

jimin had tears in his eyes, unable to stop them from falling onto his face. he couldn't move; he wished he could, he wished he could've done anything to stop the situation from happening. he was speechless; his words caught in his throat.

"i just stood there, watching it all happen. i couldn't take it anymore, i ran out the door."

jimin ran as fast as he could, feeling his heart beat harder and harder. he didn't know where he was going, finding himself at the park as he panted, finally letting himself breathe.

"i wounded up at the park, and once i looked up, there it was - the sunset. it made me forget everything; i was so mesmerized by it that it made me forget all about my parents yelling and especially, it made me forget my father."

"ever since that night, i come here to watch the sunset every evening." jimin finished, looking at taehyung. taehyung noticed tears pooling at the corner of jimin's eyes as he quickly wrapped his arms around the boy and kissed him all over his face, wiping away his tears.

"it's okay, baby. i'm here, i'm here." taehyung repeated the words, tracing scribbles on jimin's back with his index finger.

"i won't let him hurt you."

[i'm so sorry my updates are taking like 4 days to publish now, this chapter was already edited but i wanted to proofread my proofread if that made any sense (OMG), but i haven't been feeling well lately for some reason like whenever i eat i start to feel full really early but then like afterwards my stomach feels empty ?? but my throat feels like it's going to burst and i just want it to go away fksnfjebdj

and like i haven't been able to sleep like i keep waking up every ten minutes whydksbds

OKAY SO NOW ITS THE NEXT MORNING AND ITS 6 RN AND I ACTUALLY SLEPT WELL IM SO HAPPY OMG

but i hope you guys are staying healthy and that your days are going great!! thank you for the constant support, love you guys! ♡]