17 | jimin's birthday

jimin focus
jimin stared at the clock on the night stand beside his bed, reading the time - 11:50.

he had been facetiming taehyung, the two waiting for the clock to strike midnight, officially making it jimin's eighteenth birthday.

ten minutes - ten minutes until jimin was eighteen, ten minutes until jimin was finally an adult.

jimin was excited; turning eighteen was the start of everything. he would be graduating in only a couple of months, and he could have the freedom to do whatever he'd like after that.

he wanted to go to college and have his own dance studio - it being his dream for years. he could even imagine a life with taehyung; he wanted a future with the boy. taehyung kept jimin happy, and he was curious of what a life with him would be after high school - it was a topic they'd have to discuss sometime.

jimin looked over to his computer screen at taehyung, the reflective light of his laptop shining onto him in order to see his face. both boys had their lights off, the other's face on the screen being the only thing they could see through the night.

taehyung had entertained jimin the entire night as they anticipated jimin's birthday, making the hours go by faster.

he was happy to have taehyung spend his last moments as a mere child with him. although he has matured over the course of eighteen years, being eighteen had a sense of showing that he has matured, and wasn't a child anymore.

turning eighteen felt like he was escaping his childhood, the childhood he grew a hatred towards. jimin thought that once it was twelve o'clock, once he was eighteen, he would finally escape the memories that haunted him for years.

"four more minutes," taehyung said aloud as he looked at the time, smiling at jimin, "you excited, baby?"

taehyung looked lovingly at his boyfriend as he waited for his response. jimin nodded his head as he tugged on his sweatshirt sleeves, bringing it to his mouth as he yawned.

both boys had school the next day, but that didn't matter - the two wanted to celebrate the milestone that was jimin's eighteenth birthday. through the quality of the computer screen and the illuminated faces of the boys, tiredness was shown on both taehyung and jimin.

jimin looked at the corner of his computer to check the time, eyes wide as it was 11:59. "one more minute, tae!"

jimin bit his lip, only sixty seconds left. he bounced his leg as the clock would soon say 12:00 in bright, red numbers, indicating that jimin would turn eighteen.

this is it, i'm about to be eighteen - an adult.

as jimin thought to himself, he quickly saw his clock turn from 11:59 to 12:00. he cheered quietly and looked at taehyung, saying as loudly as he could without disturbing his mother sleeping in the room across from him, "im finally eighteen!"

taehyung laughed, seeing his boyfriend dance in the dark room. his heart felt warm seeing jimin happy, and caused himself to smile.

"happy birthday, baby boy."

[i haven't updated in over a month, school has been keeping me busy :( but here's a (late) bday chapter for the prince park jimin!!

how can bts act so hot and then be so cute like ??? o wait it's bc they're bts & they can do anything dskfbsjbd

i might make the next chapter a continuation of his bday ?? idk yett, but tysm for 1k+ reads and over 200 votes!!! make sure to keep voting, i'm extremely grateful for the support i'm getting on this book - it's something i worked hard on for months :))

i need to start working on posting more often, especially since the story is gonna get better !!! everything is all planned and all i need to do is make the time to write the chapters :^)]