extended summary

For most people, life on the Ark was torture. That's because most of the people on the Ark were hardworking citizens, many of whom struggled to get by and received little to no help from the council, the Ark's governing body.

Aleta Correia was not most people. Because she was the daughter of two council members. Aleta Correia was one of the "privileged." Both of her parents were greatly respected, with her mom being a doctor and her dad being one of the top engineers on the entire space station. And that was a lot to live up to. Which is why for Aleta, the perfect little privileged girl, life was still torture.

On the outside her life seemed perfect; she seemed perfect. But no one knew the struggles that she faced. Just how much pressure was put on her because she had to live up to her parents' and everyone's expectations.

She had to to be a doctor, like her mother, when in reality she wanted to be a writer, a silly  pipe dream according to her parents. She had to be on the council, like both of her parents. Maybe even be the Chancellor one day. Her whole life was basically planned out for her.

For Aleta, everything was set in stone and had been that way since she was a child. She didn't really think of life outside of Alpha station. The struggles that other people faced weren't one of her concerns; mainly because she didn't know about them. She was completely oblivious. She was so busy trapped in her own world, that she didn't really know what was happening in the world around her.

That is until she meets Raven Reyes. A girl with an alcoholic mother. A girl with not enough rations to get by, whom Aleta found roaming the halls of Mecha station when on one of her many "adventures." Aleta was only seven when she stumbled across the girl, so she didn't understand why her new friend was always so hungry. She realized the truth when she was older and that truth made her skin crawl.

Raven's situation made Aleta realize her that there were people suffering in the Ark for numerous different reasons and that she could use her status to help change things. To better their lives. With newly opened eyes, Aleta began to work even harder to help those who need it. But that was easier said than done. Especially since her father does everything in his power to make sure that she focuses on what was "really important" instead of trying to fix things she had no business fixing.

As the two grew closer and became better friends, Aleta was exposed to more people outside of Alpha Station and befriended them as well. Her "perfect girl" façade began to crumble and she found herself able to be who she really was around her friends.

But when 100 prisoners are sent to Earth, nothing was ever the same.

°°°°

*Disclaimer* I do not own The 100. All rights go to Kass Morgan, Jason Rothenberg, and the CW. I only own Aleta and my OCs as well as their plots and dialogue. Anything that's not from the show is mine. If you steal my work, I'll ruin your lives (not really but you'll regret it).

*Note* This is the rewritten version of Midnight Decisions. There will be changes in the plot as well as in Aleta and this will be a bit different from the original version. This story will be written in both flashbacks and present day. Italics will be flashbacks and the regular writing style will be present day/time. Happy reading! (P.S. I'm still garbage at writing summaries).